Today's Top Stories - May 24, 2016
Two Stabbed Near UT. Fortunately, No Concealed Carriers Shot the Guy If there was any intellectual consistency in the liberal Austin, Texas media, they’d be running the headline above for the casualties that resulted from a quarrel that occurred just off campus More
Everything You Heard About A Jacket Stopping NYPD Bullets Is Absurdly False More
Clinton Blasts Trump’s Position On Guns In Schools, But She’s The Real Extremist More
ICYMI: California’s Gun-Megeddon Virtually Bans Rifles And Imposes Background Checks For Ammunition More
Manchester (MD) man found not guilty on assault charges from repo men incident More
Wife cleared in Biloxi, MS fireman's shooting death More
Homeowner shoots, kills man, who broke into trailer home near Port Allen, LA More
Jurors find Donald Hayes not guilty in Louisville, KY ’road rage' murder trial More
Toilet Paper Shotgun Slugs? That’s Just A Crappy Idea More
Katie Pavlich Has Two Rules For Womens’ Gun Ownership… More
Just as the nation doesn't know how to fight a terrorist enemy that claims no national identity to declare war against, Americans don't know how to fight the domestic social and sexual wars against fanatical ideologies that claim no religious identity to target as they do Christianity.
Our greatest hinderance is thinking we have to fight against an official title – nation or religion – instead of the evil itself. In both cases, the government and judiciary, confused and paralyzed, allows the brutal enemy to advance unabated.
In the midst of the devastation, we totally miss the fact that they all indeed declare an imposing identity that they proudly wave in defiance. This is the way we recognize a devout and unified force in the modern world.
Ira White - Portsmouth
by Catherine Crabill - Special Columnist - VNS
Now sits ‘Caligula’ of America, crazed with unchecked power indulged him by either the seduced or blackmailed on the Left and Right.
Such lunacy was earlier masked by cleverly drafted propaganda and the mitigation of collective outrage by the likes of Zuckerberg of Facebook fame, caught suppressing/censoring opposition to dishearten the resistance.
In Obama’s most recent ‘unmasking’, he has decreed that all modesty, privacy, and sanity, be most visibly and brutally raped by forcing men and woman, boys and girls to share bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms in every public school or lose federal funds.
So vehement is he in this assault on sanity that he has involved the Justice Department to insure its compliance. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - Columnist -
Special to VNS
religion (riˈlijən) noun• the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power
• details of belief as taught or discussed
• a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance
There's a new religion on a crusade to convert the country, but it is flying under most peoples' radar. We are also learning that supreme beings are not a requirement for religion, though ideology, principles, and lifestyles are. One can conveniently choose to excommunicate gods from personal beliefs, but not the other three. They are an inalienable part of our existence and will be evident no matter what belief system is professed.[Click Read More below for rest of story]
The Obama era is about to end, and his presidency will make a long lasting impression on American politics. While he and his supporters expect the Affordable Care Act to be his legacy, history will most likely remember President Obama as an icon who reignited a multicultural war.
The disrespectful, sometimes insulting, resistance to Obama and the rise of Trump, some believe, can be attributed to the president’s race – the first black president. True perhaps, but it is not insightful.
To see beyond the veil of the obvious – Obama’s race – we need to first look at the history of the American immigration experience.
The real story of American immigration is not what they teach in high school civics or U.S. History 101. Rather than being the great melting pot the true story is more like a cauldron of boiling oil and water.[Click Read More Below for rest of the column]
The Department of Defense has blocked 4th District Rep. Randy Forbes from using the carrier, Eisenhower, for a public political rally under the phony guise of an Armed Services committee hearing.
Forbes hearing was scheduled for Monday, but DoD objected to using the carrier as a site and backdrop for his personal political rally.
It was a decision that Forbes should have known to be illegal use of government assets for personal political purposes.
DoD told him he could conduct a ‘private, closed’ hearing aboard the carrier, but not the publicly one he’d planned. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White
Special to VNS
Radical activism – whether sexual or social – uses people, politicians, and judges as pawns to unravel society even if it destroys everybody in the process.
The data is in on one such issue...
In 1990, homicides were at historic levels. In 2014 they had dropped as much as 85% in some major cities. The tide turned in 1994 when the NYPD embraced the concept that police can prevent crime rather than just react to it. As a result, they analyzed data, looked for patterns, and devoted resources where most needed to protect people and property.
The successful strategies spread across the country with the greatest beneficiaries being the minority communities. Based on 1990 rates, 10,000 more minority males would be dead today in NYC alone if those proactive procedures had not been implemented.
Then in 2014, BLACK LIVES MATTER activism happened. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
[Open letter to VB Mayor “I don’t know a conflict when I see one” Sessoms] …
OK, Mr. Mayor of Virginia Beach, Will "No Contest" Sessoms, how about you show some leadership and tell the feds to go pound sand.
In my estimation, we are going to spend $330 MILLION on a light rail line that will not reduce traffic congestion according to the project's Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS).
Why not use that money to keep our little girls safe when they go to the bathroom? Why not reject federal funding if the feds demand such repugnant changes. [Click Read More below]
- Councilman Davenport turns into 'lil bully Ben' with citizens
- No medical mainstream 'voodoo' for this doctor
- Town Center not paying off debt to taxpayers
- What is in store for us? The fraud of global warming
- City taxpayers shelling out big bucks for phony oyster shell program
- Will Renovaton of the Cavalier on the Hill be developer's 'Waterloo?'
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Disease Prevention in Women
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Prayer for missing children
- Federal prison errors caused at least 150 delayed releases, report says
- Is Texas's strictest-in-the-nation voter ID law discriminatory?
- Why Dylann Roof faces the first federal death penalty in 13 years
- To help homeless, students make the 'Backet' – a backpack and jacket in one
- Sanders legacy: 'liberal' no longer a four-letter word?
- UCLA lands NCAA's biggest merchandise contract ever
- How significant is India's $500 million deal with Iran?
- What the Kentucky recanvass means for Bernie Sanders (+video)
- Twitter's new character limits: A nod to Instagram? (+video)
- Protests turn violent outside Trump rally in New Mexico
- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour's death
- Israeli official says deal reached to expand government
- Obama urges Vietnam youth to tackle climate change
- Obama uses light moment with rapper to espouse free speech
- Babies behind bars: Moms do time with their newborns
- Suspect in Charleston church shooting faces highest penalty
- Cosby lawyers outline defense as case heads to trial
- Mount Vernon exhibit looks at Washington as slaveholder
- GLAAD responds to #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Best Health Savings Accounts for Your Money
- Help Get Your College Grad Out of Your House and Into a Job
- 10 Little-Known Types of Insurance to Protect You and Your Business
- How to Endow a Scholarship to Honor a Veteran
- How to Protect Your Portfolio Against Black Swans
- Worst Things to Buy at Memorial Day Sales
- Financial Bliss for Newlyweds
- A Recipe for Estate-Planning Failure
- 4 Ways to Create Your Own Pension
- What Investors Can Learn from the 2016 Presidential Election