Top of the News - March 7, 2014
Spring forward Sunday Morning -- Daylight saving time begins this weekend More
Obamacare Blocks Patients Paying for Treatment: Needed help can be denied "even if patient is willing," and able to cover costs - under health care rationing (which Democrats insist doesn't exist) managed by Death Panels (which Democrats also insist don't exist) - The rationing will be known as “recommendations to slow the growth in national health expenditures,” and will be managed by “Independent Payment Advisory Board" More
Read The Actual Report and the Commentary by the Reporters More
Donald Trump: Putin is playing with Obama like a toy - energizes conservative Political Action Conference: Ditches teleprompter; "We have so many problems — and we have so little leadership," More
Staff e-Mails portray X-Gov. “Sponge Bob” McDonnell’s ‘low intelligence’ wife as insecure, erratic More
NC Judge says Duke Power must immediately take action to eliminate source of coal ash pollution into waterways, one of which flows into reservoir where Tidewater gets water More
Will Lois Lerner Be Held in Contempt? Democrats resort to diversions to distract from mounting evidence of corruption More
Obama's Approval Plummets to 33% in Ugly New Poll More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Houston policeman who shot and killed burglar outside his home More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Leicester homeowner who opened fire as two men kicked down his door; one injured beyond being able to speak after apprehended More
GUNS! The Fight For Freedom - Get Ready for a "Bare-knuckle Street Fight," over gun rights, NRA’s LaPierre warns CPAC attendees More
House to Vote on Bill to Stop "Imperial Presidency" Next Week: "He may have his pen and his phone, but we have the Constitution" More
The KGB Vs. ACORN - Putin Brushes Aside Obama's Warnings, as Ukraine crisis escalates: Too bad Obama chose to whittle his big stick down to a toothpick - Obama has consequences More
Nobody Believes In America’s Strength Anymore: How our enemies view the commander-in-chief — and the country More
Vladimir Putin Scuttles Russian Navy Warship in Black Sea to BLOCK Ukrainian Navy ships from leaving port More
Guess Who's On Putin's American Payroll Russia is paying public affairs experts and lobbyists to push the Russian government’s line in the United States (Of course he has incompetent butt kissing Obama, so he may not need more help in polishing his knob) More
Amateur radio operators requesting all amateur licensee to help coordinate an emergency communications network to assist with planned massive Patriots of America March on Washington, DC on May 16. "To All Licensed Amateur Radio Operators: The CO of Communications, Steve Elliott and Administrators for PFA and OAS are asking for your help in putting together a listing of all PFA and OAS members who are licensed amateur radio operators and the class of license that they hold. “The reason for the request is to aid in organizing and providing effective communications for both licensed and non-licensed members of PFA/OAS who plan to travel to D.C. on May 16th, and to also try to arrange for emergency back-up communications provided by members who will not be able to travel to D.C. Click Read More Below
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
There’s absolutely no question about how proud I am of our fine gentlemen in Richmond that such a proclamation as the one captured in this url should be published as the work product of our elected state officials. http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?141+sum+HJ484
A vexing problem that I have when reviewing the efforts of a majority of our elected officials, local, state and federal, is not knowing who to bitch slap when I read a story like the one appearing below.
Many years ago, I asked a real cutie pie who was one of VA’s top cops why a Muslim compound in Red House, VA, which was tied to so many felonies was allowed to exist. The cutie pie told me that he didn’t have jurisdiction; and, his boss was too busy taking Rolex watches from state contractors to even entertain my question.
All I’ll say to the Virginians on this distribution is that we have the government we deserve.
Oh, BTW, Walmart is running a special on prayer rugs until 1800 hours today. Remember, it’s five times a day facing Mecca and I better not hear about you eating bacon tomorrow morning!
And about that rally in DC on 16 May 2014, the one that ten million of my closest friends will attend, why bother going? I'll write about what went down and send you an email.
Virginia News Source reported recently on the disintegration, destructive ego problems, and total disorganization of the Republican Party of Virignia Beach, the branches Tea Parties, and the Tidewater Libertarian Party, which lost its state corporation commission charter in 2009 and didn’t know it until a week or so ago.
It seems the conservative forces in Tidewater are determined to slash each others political throats. The are grappling for solid, citizen-oriented leadership.
Such a leader, Curtis Colgate seeking election as 2nd District GOP chair, seems to have that ability. He has come along but he’s still being sniped at by other Republicans, including VB State Sen. Frank Wagner, also seeking the office.
Wagner, is simply the front for the ‘old silver-haired, or bald-headed’ wing of the party who want to maintain control even through their basic role is to warm the bottom of a chair every other week at the GOP’s breakfast meeting. They aren’t brain-dead yet, but senility is beginning to show.
They control the group who Wagner gave the No. 1 Lesson in his personal political textbook: He stated publicly that he doesn’t talk to anyone who doesn’t make a campaign contribution to him. “No money. No access,” is Wagner’s policy he said. (Our kind of Republican - he tells the truth).
Colgate’s platform is to open the party to anyone who wants to support the GOP philosophy and values.
Wagner recently held a campaign rally. Reports were that about 40 people (probably all who knew each other) showed up. Click Read More Below
Dear Editor –
Recently we’ve seen a flurry of articles and initiatives, spawned by the White House, to re-focus on climate change. Whether this is a move to distract from the Obamacare morass, or simply to appease environmentalists, it is pure politics.
Far from the science “being settled”, there is a swelling “consensus” that, yes, over the long haul the climate is warming, but it is the sun, not man that is driving it. The earth has been slowly warming, with ups and downs, since the last ice age. There has been no measurable warming for the last 17 years.
by Sue Long
Members of the Save Our Constitution (SOC) committee met to discuss plans for pointing out the pitfalls of applying for a constitutional convention, sometimes known as an Article Five Convention or a Convention of the States.
In the Virginia State legislature of 2014, the five constitutional convention related bills were all voted down with bi-partisan votes.
Also, SOC is announcing that the Mid Peninsula Tea Party has signed the following Resolution. This group comprises members from the counties of Gloucester, Mathews and Middlesex in eastern Virginia. The following resolution passed with only one dissenting vote. CLICK READ MORE BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY
Your Second Amendment
I offer a simple plan that has not been tried in order to reduce what some refer to as "gun violence". It is my simple belief that there are no violent guns. Every trigger must be pulled by a finger. That finger is attached to a person and a brain. Contained within that brain is the intent and willingness to pull the trigger. It matters not what kind of gun or the capacity of the magazine. It is the intent of the person. In this country we absolutely MUST stop demonizing the utensil and focus on the person holding the weapon.
Liberals have historically focused on education. Early education is a mantra we hear often. Here is an idea: Early Gun Safety Education. Let's try starting in kindergarten. The NRA and many other organizations offers gun safety classes. We are now educating our children about sex, feelings, politics, math, history, science and fairness. Let's try educating every single child about gun safety.
I was raised around guns. I learned about guns in Cub Scouts and by my father. We hunted where I came from. Guns are not evil. Men are evil. Guns protect us from evil men. Click Read More below
For five years, Obama has been playing a dangerous game of "chicken" with Congress and the American people – forcing us off the road of a constitutional republic. Seeing how easily we flinch despite his limited authority, the president has driven socialist policies and authoritarian decrees to the point where even a liberal constitutional scholar and professor warns that the legislative balance of power will veer and crash within the next two years.
Obama's head-on recklessness against defense, liberty, law, and transparency has caused America to yield every time.
It emboldened his lethal rejection of security in Benghazi, firing generals and eroding foreign policy, using the IRS and DOJ to suppress conservative action and information, declaring executive orders to alter major legislation, and lying about the actual intent and effects of the healthcare law. Click below to read more
Quote OF THE DAY
"Liberals rely on bait-and-switch tactics because they fear the results of describing their agenda clearly and candidly to voters, who can’t handle the truth. Even an elementary truth, such as the proposition that improving health care will cost money rather than save money, must be denied over and over, lest don’t-tread-on-me rubes start asking awkward questions about how much improving health care is going to cost and where the money will come from. Once a policy such as Obamacare is enacted and implemented, making the switch means admitting the obvious, and then claiming it’s so obvious — “everyone always knew” it would cost money and disrupt existing health-care arrangements — that it doesn’t really qualify as a switch. The villains in this story are not the liberals who spoke incontestable untruths when political circumstances called for telling people what they wanted to hear. The villains are conservatives who complain about the deceits by commission and omission."
~ William Voegeli, Senior Editor, Claremont Review of Books
- Mexico's small-business 'vigilantes'
- Mexico's vigilantes: the aftershocks of ousting a cartel
- Sarah Palin wows CPAC crowd, stays coy on 2016
- Rand Paul wins big in CPAC presidential poll. Can he take it to 2016?
- Long-lost 'Purple People Eater' Corvette race car heads to Amelia Island
- Mom who drove into ocean sees bail set at $1.2 million
- Obama talks Crimea solutions in phone calls with world leaders
- Victoria Azarenka: An unexpected exit at Indian Wells
- Mariano Rivera's latest 'save' is a church
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korea oil tanker
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Can GOP neutralize immigration as election issue?
- Stigma hinders efforts to combat leprosy in India
- Suicide car bomb, attacks kill at least 42 in Iraq
- 73 arrested at Massachusetts pre-St. Pat's blowout
- Fire Dept.: 30-40 hurt as stage falls in Calif.
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Spring forward: Daylight saving time has arrived
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- Ukraine Will Need to Swallow Loss of Crimea
- Great Mutual Funds for Young Investors
- Delaying Your IRA Minimum Distribution
- Fabulous Freebies 2014
- Advice on Spending Less From Around the Web
- Signing Up for Commuter Benefits
- Why Chip Cards Are a Safer Alternative
- 6 Great Mutual Funds That Benefit From Small Portfolios
- More Jobs for New Grads in 2014
- Wanted: Bubble Detector
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections