Today's Top Stories - July 22, 2016
Massachusetts: Attorney General Healey Attacks Your Second Amendment Rights! Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced that she wants to further restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Massachusetts citizens by arbitrarily changing the way her office enforces the state’s existing “assault weapons” ban More
NRA exec says it is 'a lie' Clinton won't take your guns Chris Cox, the top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association, told USA TODAY Wednesday that Hillary Clinton wants to take away peoples' guns, and when she says that is not her goal, "It's another lie from Hillary Clinton." More
Gun stores see rush of business after Mass. AG plans to close loophole Gun buyers raced to snap up military-style weapons on Wednesday as Attorney General Maura Healey moved to bar the sale of rifles that have been altered slightly to evade the state’s assault weapon ban More
Wrong Move, Grasshopper ... Ohio proposal aims to give cities some control over guns An Ohio legislative proposal announced Wednesday seeks to give cities the ability to restrict the state laws allowing open or concealed carry of firearms during certain events More
Keefe Report: FBI Selects New Service Pistol The FBI, of course, was the agency that began the .40-cal. cartridge trend when it adopted the 10 mm Auto after the Miami Massacre in 1986. That 10 mm load—and the large guns such as the S&W Model 1076 required to chamber it—led to the development of the shorter .40 S&W cartridge. And FBI agents have been carrying Glock Model 22 or 23 pistols in .40 S&W since 1997 More
How Far Will A 12 Gauge Shotgun Kill? More
Baton Rouge Domestic Terrorist Was Taken Out By A Single Shot After Murdering 3 Officers and injuring 3 others More
This Deranged California Politician Is Blaming The NRA For Baton Rouge Cop Murders More
by Ira White - VNS columnist
I hope people realize that the reason the liberal political establishment wants open borders is twofold:
1. To flood the elective with millions of illegal immigrants, become their welfare champions, grant them citizenship and the vote, and secure 1-party Democrat predominance and power once and for all.
2. To prop up the ambitious agenda for an elite governmental alliance of nations that will consolidate their political position on a global scale, and assure there is a central hierarchy of non-sovereign leadership and laws to attain the necessary authority and economic control to rule the populations as they see fit.
They actually believe this will succeed to the betterment of mankind because they reject consideration of how God has designed human nature in all people including themselves. (Click Read More below for rest of article)
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
We have in our White House, in the Cesspool Land of Treason and Greed, an egomaniacal community organizer systematically destroying our American Republic, one Constitutional brick at a time.
Standing together in the Halls of Common and along the byways of Pennsylvania Avenue are the FBI, our CIA, NSA, the Pentagon, that Loretta Lynch heifer, and of course our beloved and trusted US Congress.
The Left worships at the feet of this Marxist Bozo while the Right steps ‘n fetches for those executive orders.
Mitch McConnell swoons whenever Obama enters a room. Then Harry Reid struts his stuff like a bantam rooster. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
We are acutely aware that our news is often anything but the truth or certainly not the whole story. But, we may be only vaguely aware that the history we are taught is far from being accurate.
Yet, as George Orwell put it many years ago, “The most effective way to destroy a people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” It stands to reason that it is the victors who write history. Another take would be quite different if written by the losers. And, the best source for accurate information would always be that which is written contemporaneously, but those are usually disposed of by the victors. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Our country is being run into the ground by turncoats, Marxists, pussies, crooks, and fools. Political Correctness is the order of the day. Homeland Security preaches that veterans, Christians, and conservatives are a greater threat than Radical Islam.
Barack Obama refuses to recognize Radical Islam. That’s because he’s a Muslim at heart if not in fact. Hillary Clinton is a witch. I hear that everywhere I go … so it must be true.
Why did James Comey refuse to call for Hillary’s indictment? Why did Senator Corker shepherd Obama’s Iranian nuclear deal through the Senate? Why doesn’t our Republican House stop runaway spending? Why is unemployment over 10%, but we’re told it’s less than five? Why hasn’t Obama been impeached? [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Throughout modern American society, there have been crucial foundations to personal security, stability, and social morality:
1. It has always started with the family providing the most intimate core for mutual relationships and welfare, guidance, encouragement and love between parents and children.
2. This was followed by the church to nurture spiritually-intimate faith and community, democratically represented through local education, government, and public policy.
3. Next are neighborhoods where the supportive civic, social, and charitable efforts of families and ministries are applied.(Click Read More below for rest of the story)
Dallas police had to follow orders to not wear protective gear because it "might appear to be confrontational". Police died.
Police everywhere are being subjected to orders from mayors, etc., to NOT stop looting/rioting, or to NOT apprehend protesters who break the law. They endure having things thrown at them while they stand looking powerless during protests.
Let your local police and sheriff's offices know that you appreciate them and their officers. And tell them we don't need federal intervention to keep the peace. We need to keep our community police local and independent.
Carrie Nunnally- - Newport News
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Strange how two days after last Monday's meeting in Bill Clinton's private jet, Loretta Lynch's DoJ attorneys file a petition with a federal judge asking him to declare a 27 month delay in disclosure of correspondence originating with Clinton Foundation employees with a PR organization that Bill Clinton helped found.
I don't call that coincidental. I call that blatant lawlessness.
We are so far away from the vision for the United States of America as set forth by our Founding Fathers that we need to start talking revolution, not November elections. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Bone Density Scan
- Hormone Therapy Won't Help Memory After Menopause
- Monthly Vaginal Ring May Help Protect Against HIV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
- Reassessing the Annual Pelvic Exam
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Turkey's purge: More than 2,000 charities and schools closed
- Santa Clarita Sand fire: Why are California wildfires getting worse?
- Mystery of flight MH370: Did the pilot chart a course into the Indian Ocean?
- Could Turkey convince the US to extradite Fethullah Gulen?
- Baton Rouge funeral: How to get the 'best of humanity' from cops
- South Sudan: opposition split deepens turmoil amid faltering peace accord
- Clinton vs. Sanders: Leaked emails raise questions about DNC's impartiality
- Next BMW 3-Series to include all-electric Tesla Model 3 rival
- Stricter US gun laws: Who wants them, who doesn't?
- Keni Harrison hurdles from Olympic trials defeat to world record
- Clinton says veep pick Kaine is everything GOP ticket isn't
- DNC rules meeting agrees to a compromise on superdelegates
- Energized white supremacists cheer Trump convention message
- Burned body found as wildfire burns near Los Angeles
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass shootings
- AP EXPLAINS: For 69 years, Kashmir is torn by deadly strife
- IS attacks protest in Afghan capital, kills 80 people
- Internal reviews underway for officers in police death case
- AP Poll: Support grows among Americans for stricter gun laws
- Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban on gay adults
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Bumpy Road Ahead in 2016 Presidential Race
- 5 Tech Stocks That Will Be Obsolete by 2020
- Roth IRAs Are for Kids, Too
- Closed-End Muni Funds Offer Hefty Yields
- 5 Steps to Reducing Stress in Retirement
- Sales Tax Holidays for Back-to-School Shoppers in 2016
- Will You Be Able To Retire?
- How to Help Your Children Financially Now Without Giving Them Any Money
- Money-Saving Hacks for Amazon Shoppers
- 3 Cult Stocks to Avoid: Tesla, Netflix, Amazon