Today's Top Stories - May 2, 2016
Huffington Post Now Apparently Hiring Stoners To Write About Gun Policy More
Southern Tide Founder was Justified in Shooting Death of Trespasser More
Hillary Clinton to Attack Gun Owners Her “Very First Day” in Office In what has become as reliable as clockwork, with the passing of another week comes another Hillary Clinton attack on gun owners More
NRA Statement on President Obama's Latest Gun Control The National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) issued the following statements on President Obama’s latest gun control push More
Social Security Administration Releases Proposed Rulemaking on Disability-Related Gun Ban On Friday, the Social Security Administration (SSA) released a draft of a proposed rulemaking that would supposedly bring the agency into compliance with what it claims is its responsibility to report prohibited persons to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) More
Hollywood Ramps up Anti-gun Campaign Gun control advocates and Hollywood have long been allied in an effort propagandize the public against firearm ownership. However, as detailed in an April 27 piece in entertainment industry trade publication Variety, anti-gun groups and television and film producers are increasingly collaborating on projects and escalating their campaign to indoctrinate viewers More
Poll: Voters Not Swayed by Clinton’s Anti-Gun Duplicity We’ve been reporting on Democrat presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton and her anti-gun mentality for months. She has been especially focused on the alleged immunity gun manufacturers have under federal law, the Protection in Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) More
Help Prevent Merrick Garland’s Confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court! In this News Minute from the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, Jennifer Zahrn reports that President Obama has a carefully planned strategy to advance Merrick Garland’s nomination to the Supreme Court. Please call the congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 and tell your U.S. Senators that Merrick Garland must not be confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court. Write your lawmakers and learn more More
Silver Bullet Award:To Pregnant Chattanooga Woman and Boyfriend Hold Armed Home Intruder at Gunpoint who drew drew their weapons to clear the house, finally coming face-to-face with the armed home intruder who was hiding inside their closet More
Silver Bullet Award:To 80-year-old Washington Woman Shoots Home Intruder After he Stabbed her Husband Not only did she marry a younger man, but even in her 80’s, she’s a hell of a shot!! When a home intruder stabbed her husband, she picked up her gun and got to gettin! More
Silver Bullet Award: To Houston homeowner who successfully defended his family from a home invasion by grabbing his gun and shooting one of two intruders suspect More
Silver Bullet Award:To 11 YO, home alone, who shot a burglar during a break-in attempt More
Silver Bullet Award:To Virgin Island off-duty cop who shot a stupid robber who picked on the wrong guy More
Ready, Willing and Able: Today’s Female Gun Owners More
Did ambitious plans to get taxpayer bucks to help renovate the ancient Cavalier on the Hill hotel turn Bruce Thompson into a turn greedy, overconfident, bungling developer now caught a year behind original opening schedule and more than $20 MILLION over budget as a result of developer inexperience and lack of engineering due diligence?
Seems that in his drive to build a bigger reputation as a hotel developer wunderkind, he ‘crapped in his hat’ as one of my most successful developer friends in Virginia Beach would say.
Other well-heeled, less ego-driven, smart developers surveyed the aging Cavalier before it was sold to Thompson. [Click Read More below for rest of the story].
by Catherine Crabill - Irvington, VA
VNS contributing columnist
When I first heard about the “transgender community” demanding access to men’s and women’s bathrooms across America, I thought the concept so absurd, so outrageous, that it didn’t stand a chance in you-know-where of being taken seriously. Boy was I wrong!
Just last month, in Gloucester County, Virginia, a sadly confused young woman identifying as a young man was granted full access to the boy’s locker room/bathrooms at Gloucester High School. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Frank Palmieri
This year’s presidential primary season has certainly been politically surprising and at times really funny.
Jeb Bush, from a Connecticut Yankee family that moved into the South, dropped out early in the race, symbolically marking the end of the moderate (Nixon-Rockefeller wing) control of the party. The Junior Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz , who is a spokesman for the anti-federalists-anti-feminist wing of the party which plans to bring an end to the Second Reconstruction and a Women’s Right to Choose, has been running hard to catch the leading candidate.
However, it has been Donald Trump, a political outsider billionaire, passionately supported by a populist revanchist-nationalist movement who appears to be closest to capturing the nomination.
Secretary Clinton has been advancing an internationalist-identity politics agenda.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Tom Holmes
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump recently questioned the validity of the US remaining in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). See link below for an article on this issue.
Mr. Trump raised very valid and pertinent issues. That line was also echoed by members of the Senate. Americans must ask themselves whether NATO remains relevant and worth the cost to the American taxpayer. For example:
- Is a Europe that has surrendered to nanny-state socialism, political correctness, and masses of Mohammedan "refugees" worth the lives of young Americans to save?
- Do we continue to expand the alliance solely to tweak the Russian bear's nose, or does the alliance continue to have a legitimate role in the security of Europe and the United States?
- Would America be better served to join Russia in an alliance to combat Islamic-inspired terrorism? [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - North, VA
Virginia News Source Columnist
Now more than ever our law enforcement officers need our support. Thanks to them we are able to live in a free nation. Daily they put their lives on the line to protect us, and allow us to live in peace and security. But the assault on them has become considerable.
You are invited to join us, the Support Your Local Police of Virginia, at a town meeting to learn why it is important to keep law enforcement control at the local level, to give tribute to our law enforcement officers, and to hear from them and get their input as to how we can best be supportive of them.
Ira White - VNS Columnist
As you ponder the most recent story on Rachel Donezal – the woman who identifies as a "black trapped in a white body" – you can begin to understand the warped activism of the transgender movement to indoctrinate children and open up all public bathrooms to any sex.
The issues here are about BIOLOGICAL SEX and ETHNICITY, but the transgenderism hoax trumpets the mantra "gender identity" as something equivalent to biological sex.
But medical professionals are now revealing that it IS about biological sex and not a perceived gender, and that a psychological identity disorder is being politically endorsed by liberals, rock stars, and corporations rather than being acknowledged and treated for what it is. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Sometimes an obvious point blows right past us when we are too busy trying to take care of the bills to fully understand what we're hearing.
Case in point. This morning we heard that our CIA Director, John Brennan, declared in a very recent interview that the CIA will never again water board another terror suspect, even if ordered to do so by a US President.
What's the big deal, you ask?
Well, in my mind, the fact that John Brennan converted to Islam some years ago is a very big deal!
Is Brennan's latest declaration on the non-use of water boarding a result of his conversion to Islam? If I were a betting man, I'd have to wager that it most certainly is.
- Communism seeking takeover of U.S.
- The 'Mother Church' of Country Cooking in rural Tennessee
- Why isn't MSM reporting Paris bomber was living in their old Belgium neighborhoods?
- Former Beach Judge to Challenge Mayor Sessoms
- The System - Mismanaged by Both Corrupt Parties
- Wake up...Communism is poised to destroy our America
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- Bernie Sanders says superdelegates are unfair. True?
- Virginia restoration of felons' votes: Redemptive justice or political ploy?
- How well do you know philosophy?
- Why prayer appeals to Americans
- Why was the CIA tweeting about the Osama bin Laden raid?
- Are these three exoplanets the most likely places to search for life?
- Can Hillary Clinton win over coal country?
- Florida's sawfish makes a rare video cameo. Can it be saved?
- Will European countries ever land a rover on Mars?
- Snapchat gives back by helping low-income women get into tech
- Cruz fights for survival as Trump eyes Indiana knockout
- Donald Trump far behind in preparing for general election
- Closings begin in 'Grim Sleeper' serial killer trial
- Prince siblings in probate court in 1st hearing on estate
- Cheering Cubans greet first cruise ship from US in decades
- Bitcoin's creator unmasks himself _ well, maybe
- AP Exclusive: Migrant children kept from enrolling in school
- Q&A: When is a Boot on the Ground not a Boot on the Ground?
- Puerto Rico skips bond payments, says Congress must help
- Princess Charlotte rakes in the gifts on her 1st birthday
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 7 Reasons Your House Isn't Selling -- and Price Isn't One of Them
- Utility Stocks for Steady Dividends
- The 7 Debt Payoffs That Boost Your Credit Score the Most
- Worst Things to Keep in Your Wallet
- 4 Features to Look for in a Tiny Retirement Home
- 8 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Buying (or Should Be)
- Why You Should Buy and Hold Exxon Stock for the Next 10 Years
- A Financial Planner's Playbook for NFL Draft's Rookie Millionaires
- 8 Things You Get Wrong About Personal Finance
- 3 Things You Must Know to Be Financially Literate