Today's Top Stories - November 26, 2015
November 26,2015 - News Update ... VNS staff and employees wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving. We will resume publication Monday, November 30 — after a short holiday break
Consumer Confidence Falls Hard in November on Job Market Worries More
NRA challenges VA Gov. Terry “McGrafty” McAuliffe on latest gun control effort McAuliffe’s administration recently moved to finalize his ban on firearms in state buildings, and the National Rifle Association dispensed a swift reminder that in Virginia tightening gun restrictions won’t come without a fight More
Gov. “McGrafty” McAuliffe vows to veto any legislation aimed at blocking refugee terrorists from coming into VA More
12 "Refugees" Vetted By Obama Bunch Arrested as Jihadis, Senator reveals: All had quickly joined terrorist plots to attack the U.S. More
State Department: Obama's Iran Nuclear Deal Is Not "Legally Binding" and Iran Didn’t Sign It: “The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is not a treaty or an executive agreement, and is not a signed document,” wrote the State Department assistant secretary for legislative affairs, in a November 19 letter - CLEARLY - THIS MEGALOMANIAC PRESIDENT IS DELUSIONAL, attempting to force the U.S. to follow an agreement which is purely a figment of a of a deranged mind More
Spokane Valley (WA) woman shoots at boyfriend after mistaking him for burglar More
Why Some Call Thanksgiving "National Day of Mourning" The Left's assault on the holiday "has nothing to do with Indians" More
Silver Bullet Award: To 80 YO Ragton, TX rancher who shot out the tires of escaping intruder’s car More
Silver Bullet Award: To X-cop for shooting teen burglary suspect in FL More
Undercover Arlington, TX cop shot in Dallas More
Silver Bullet Award: To Amarillo homeowner for shooting one of two burglars he caught breaking into his shed More
WRAL’s Hit Piece on NFA Trusts Is A Train Wreck I warned WRAL investigative reporter Cullen Browder over the weekend not to run a heavily biased story on NFA Trusts. He didn’t listen, and so now I have the duty to show all the ways in which his hit piece falls apart More
NRA Defends Americans From Obama’s War On Due Process More
Smart People Don’t Buy Taurus: Here’s Why More
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
But, they're still not at home plate, far from it.
When will our city leaders accept that there is a new set of the "The Facts of Life?"
Unlike the Israelis who all perform mandatory military service, only 1% of our general population is exposed to military service.
What does that mean in today's reality of ISIS targeting our military personnel and their dependents here at home? It means that you can't put M-16's in the hands of school teachers and expect them to deal with an active shooter threatening their class.
Our politicians must extract their craniums from their posteriors and recognize that we MUST PLACE COMBAT EXPERIENCED, HEAVILY ARMEDGUARDS IN OUR SCHOOLS. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the column]
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
I'M PREJUDICED. There I said it, but I am not unique since everyone is. No, I'm not talking racism. If I was racist for an aversion to urban black gangstas or the divisiveness of Obama, why would I have black friends and Ben Carson on my presidential list?
A closer look reveals that most prejudice is first about culture. It is an integral part of human nature. Why? Because it allows us the security of innate family and cultural ties. In fact, most prejudice is harmless preference and simply provides comfort zones in social interaction. The family itself is the most important aspect of this. It provides the greatest security, intimacy, and shared support to survive and thrive through life and its challenges. That's why we favor our families and that, I believe, was God's utmost intention. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of story]
by Sue VNS Columnist
A majority of Americans think there is a war on police according to a September 3, 2015, Rasmussen Reports poll. It is increasingly apparent that the goal is to establish a national militia – or barring that, establish federal governmental control over local law enforcement.
Why is this so important? A national militia is the hallmark of a dictatorship. And, since we have not had one in America, we are unique in the world and a deciding factor in the freedoms we have enjoyed. It is imperative that we keep control of our law enforcement at the local level. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
In strongest of language, Obama said French killings were 'bad, bad, bad!"
President Barack Obama didn't minice words: Commenting on the attacks that occurred Friday in Paris, Obama counterattacked in the strongest of language calling the acts ‘really bad.’ He hinted he would even consider ‘hitting’ ISIS with his purse in support of the French people. “We must strike back,” he said.
He told the French president that the killing would have been worse if the French hadn’t had such tough anti-gun measures against its citizens in effect. “Can you imagine the carnage if your people had weapons and could have shot back, defending themselves?” he said in a statement to the French president.
Fighting back with private weapons could have killed many more people, Obama said. But declining to call the killers ISIS terrorists for fear of offending his Muslim brotherhood buddies, Obama suggested France should pass strict laws prohibiting terror attacks, like it has on private weapons. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
The federal Constitution is not a contract between the states and the federal government, but rather a contract between the states, in which they created an agent, the federal government, to carry out NOT enter into a position of unlimited subordination to the federal government, but ceded only certain enumerated and defined powers, reserving to it and to the people, all other rights and powers.
As Thomas Jefferson said, “The general government, created by this compact, was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the extent of the powers delegated to itself, since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself the measure of the general government’s administration or maladministration of the delegated powers." [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
By Tom Holmes - Special to Virginia News Source
Once again, innocent people have been sacrificed to the false god, “Political Correctness,” its prophets of “Accommodation,” “Appeasement” and “Containment” having done their jobs nicely. For the second time this year, France has bled and mourned, the result of the failed policies of the European Union, United Nations, and the Obama Administration to accept and address the true nature of the threat posed to Western Civilization by Islam.
As France bled, “Dear Leader” addressed the American people with a pained expression, not necessarily entirely out of sympathy, but rather one also caused by having to eat his words uttered only a few hours earlier that ISIS had been contained. His failed Middle East policy and his lack of leadership now suddenly loom as his presidential legacies. Oh, and include Hillary Clinton as part of this failure. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
Virginia Beach - - The criminal buzzards are finally coming home to roost for Virgina Beach Mayor Will Sessoms. After a yearlong investigation, he was charged with 5 counts of conflict of interest Wednesday for voting on zoning applications before City Council that benefited TowneBank, where he served as president until he was forced out late last year.
All five charges are misdemeanors, not rising to the level of ‘forcing’ Sessoms removal from City Council, but leaving a bad stain on his reputation and the council if he doesn’t resign.
The five charges were bought by a special prosecutor for the state Wednesday after almost a year investigation, in advance of the expiration of the statue of limitations on Nov. 8.
Sessoms and others are still targets of a federal government corruptions investigation. No such statue of limitations is pending on the federal cases and indictments can be issued at any time. One source said FBI indictments involving City Manager Jim Spore (who’s announced his pending resignation), a business partner, councilman John Uhrin and others may be announced about mid-December. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Hollande leads France in national mourning for slain Parisians
- Russia ends visa-free travel with Turkey in escalation over plane downing
- No, Donald Trump supporters aren't everywhere
- Why Black Friday isn't the shopping juggernaut it was
- Despite governors' resistance, Syrian refugees find support in US
- 'The Danish Girl': The protagonist remains something of a mystery
- 'In Jackson Heights' is a marvelous look at the clash and glory of human diversity
- Eight career mistakes to stop making by 30
- In Kenya, a changing role for a Catholic Church that avoids politics
- White House fence-jumper caught: Should spikes be higher?
- Police: Location of gunman in Colorado shooting is unknown
- How Black Friday played out around the country
- France honors attack victims in city subdued by mourning
- Gunmen mercilessly mowed down guests in Mali hotel siege
- Strikes on IS city, focus of international campaign, kill 8
- As many African-American see it, there are 2 Ben Carsons
- Reporter mocked by Trump says the 2 knew each other well
- Super Bowl of shopping starts
- A search for family in Haiti raises questions about adoption
- Protest over Chicago teen's shooting ties up retail district
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- The Dumbest Investments Warren Buffett Ever Made
- Best Black Friday Deals at Best Buy
- Small-Business Success Story: Pure Barre Fitness Studios Franchise
- Best Black Friday Deals on Amazon
- Great Places to Retire in Every State
- Best Black Friday Deals at Walmart
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- Tax Audit Red Flags
- Best Black Friday Deals at Costco
- Lorena Garcia's Path to Celebrity Chef