Today's Top Stories - October 13, 2016
NOTE TO VNS READERS...
Storm Damage - - We are working to return to full capability and should be fully back online no later than Tuesday, Octobeer 25. Thanks for your patience and loyalty. VOTE TRUMP TO SAVE AMERICA!
University areas containing combustibles must allow handguns Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little told the University Senate last week that it would be “disastrous” if a weapon fired in some high-security laboratories and other areas. But she says Attorney General Derek Schmidt told the university it can’t make those places exceptions to a state law allowing concealed weapons on campus More
Lawsuit over Chilhowee Park gun ban withstands challenge A lawsuit contesting the city of Knoxville's ban on guns at Chilhowee Park has withstood challenge for dismissal and will face another hearing More
Anti-gun violence group dropping big money in Minnesota legislative races An anti-gun-violence group is pouring at least $400,000 into a handful of legislative races in hopes of installing a DFL-controlled Legislature that would expand background checks to all gun purchases, including gun shows, internet and other private sales More
New Jersey's expanded black bear hunt underway Officials say at least five bears had been culled as of late Monday morning. They were taken to a check-in station, where state biologists recorded data while roughly 50 protesters stood across the street shouting their disapproval More
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
“Freedom without authority is anarchy
Authority without freedom is tyranny
This is why we should have a republic”
October 24th is the United Nations Day of Shame
Alger Hiss, an American communist spy, was instrumental in the formation of the UN and served as its first secretary-general.
The complete text of the UN Charter’s Article 25 states: “The Members of the United Nations agree to accept
and carry out the decisions of the Security Council in accordance with the present Charter.”
We signed off to allow the UN dictates to supersede our U S Constitution.
True, in the Security Council we have a veto, but we seldom use it. In the General Assembly we get one vote where there are 192 other member nations. In spite of the fact that most of them get foreign aid from us, they consistently vote against our best interests. Click READ MORE below for rest of the story:
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Recently the Convention of States (COS) held a mock convention in Williamsburg. It was an attempt to convince the American public and their legislators that this is the way a constitutional convention can be done. “It served only as an example of mass deception,” said Delegate Bob Marshall. “There is no precedent, and in real life, delegates would be able to do whatever they want per the Declaration of Independence, paragraph two, including alter or abolish our form of government and change the ratification process.”
COS handpicked the delegates for their mock convention. “What are the odds that such a delegation would be selected in real life to change our near-perfect founding document?" asked Delegate Marshall. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Catherine Crabill - VNS Columnist
Watching Hillary Clinton finally collapse, in spite of a well orchestrated cover-up of her dire health issues, begs the question, “What do all of her co-conspirators have to gain by dragging her failing corpse across an electoral finish line?” Then again, perhaps the better question is, “What do they have to lose if they don’t?”
Floating like a test balloon is a new theory that Hillary, faced with the overwhelming evidence of the nation’s universal distrust and unmitigated disdain, unwilling to be globally humiliated by a Trump landslide that even the greatest forces of the MSM are unable to hide, has faked this medical melt down as a ‘Plan B’ to throw the 2016 election into a Constitutional crisis. If such a diversion, real or faked, fails, if no matter what Hillary pulls Trump prevails, there will not be enough nooses hanging from enough trees in D.C. to dispatch the traitors among us and ‘they’ know it.
Digressing, what would be an appropriate punishment for people who have conspired to force the entire world into a One World Totalitarian régime? The death toll of this conspiracy is currently in the millions. Under the Obama – Clinton rogue collaboration, whole nations and regions have been attacked and overthrown under specious excuses and outright propaganda to gain control over resources and geographical advantage, resulting in the accumulation of wealth and power funneled into the hands of an elite cabal. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Virginia Beach-based Unalienable Rights Foundation Tuesday morning served a notice of intent to file a Petition for a Writ of injunction on Teresa A. Sullivan, president of the University of Virginia for a requests to inspect ‘essential public records of the University Strategic Fund under the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to UVA records. Click here to read document
The filing states: “Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, all public records shall be open to inspection and copying by any citizens of the Commonwealth during the regular office hours of the custodian of such records. Access to such records shall not be denied to citizens of the Commonwealth, representatives of newspapers and magazines with circulation in the Commonwealth, and representatives of radio and television stations broadcasting in or into the Commonwealth.” [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Frank Palmieri - Special to VNS
Betting on the Blue Line
In the early part of the 20th century the trolley was the preferred mode of transportation in America’s cities. Norfolk’s trolley riders were carried from down town Norfolk to Ocean View’ s amusement park, where the streets and lots had been planned by the rail road.
According to Professor Jackson’s Crabgrass Frontier, Norfolk’s trolley line was typical. Usually a private company was given an exclusive right to operate a rail line along city streets in exchange for guarantees of service.
The reasonable flat rate fares did not cover the costs of operation, and tax payers did not subsidize trolley operators. The trolley companies planned on making their profits from other ventures. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the sordid story]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Regardless of who wins the up-coming presidential election, the hope of getting another Supreme Court Justice like Antonin Scalia is slim. In order for that to happen, these things must all happen, and it is unlikely that all four will come to pass.
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
THE REAL THREAT TO CHILDREN
We are aware of the danger to women and young girls from the open-bathroom policy being pushed by the LGBT agenda. But a broader threat exists for children as a whole – now and in the future. As the new scientific report SEXUALITY & GENDER reveals:
1. "Only 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex. CHILDREN ARE A SPECIAL CASE... only a minority who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood."
2. "The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex – 'BORN THAT WAY' – is not supported by scientific evidence." [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
- Birth Control Options (Types and Side Effects)
- Another Study Questions Mammography Screening
- Vulvodynia (Vaginal Pain)
- For Many Women, Sex Gets Better at Midlife
- Botox Beats Implant for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Hot Flashes, Mood Woes?
- Ovarian Cysts
- In Illinois, one girl's mission to collect Halloween costumes for charity
- Maduro meets Pope as Vatican steps into Venezuela crisis
- Obama administration confirms healthcare premium hikes
- South Africa's main opposition party says ICC withdrawal is illegal
- Iraqis on edge of Mosul struggle with whether to stay or flee
- A defiant Trump insists 'we are winning'
- On Nov. 9, how does Trump or Clinton heal the nation?
- CO2 milestone hit: A prompt to turn the Paris climate deal into action?
- The rise of 'citizen astronomers': An era of new discoveries and collaboration
- Judge hands jail sentence to former Pennsylvania AG Kathleen Kane (+video)
- DIVIDED AMERICA: Yearning for unity, enduring divisiveness
- Trump rejects 'phony' polls, insists 'we are winning'
- Threatened in Mosul, Islamic State uses alternative tactics
- Militants attack Pakistan police academy, killing 48
- How autism in girls may help reveal the disorder's secrets
- With every turn of a wrench, Jordanian woman breaks barriers
- Hong Kong court sees chilling video describing torture
- Plunging solar equipment prices fuel trade complaints
- Obama reads mean tweets as part of Jimmy Kimmel show
- Denver gives Osweiler rude welcome in 27-9 win over Houston
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Nonprofit Success Story: Flying Wounded Warriors Home
- 10 Best Stocks of the Bull Market
- 7 Mistakes Even Informed Investors Can Make with Their 401(k)s
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Black Friday 2016
- 4 Retirement Planning Pitfalls to Avoid
- How Much Social Security Benefits Will Go Up in 2017
- Why You Should Invest in Dividend-Paying Stocks
- How $5 and the Stash App Turned Me Into an Investor
- The Challenge of Financing Health Care in Retirement
- The Outlook for Pay Raises in 2017