Today's Top Stories - October 6, 2015
Historic flooding leaves nine dead and thousands homeless, as rain finally lets up on the East Coast, while coffins start rising from the ground More
Gold Bullet Award To: Chicago cops for finally shooting a black criminal … Call out Ole Al and Ole Jesse and Black Lives Don’t Matter Group: Chicago Police Fatally Shoot Armed Man After Domestic Dispute More
Handgun ban? Fuggedaboudit! Nassau County DA Lifts Unconstitutional Restriction Last week, law professor and Washington Post blogger Eugene Volokh, exposed how the District Attorney’s Office in Nassau County, New York, was unconstitutionally prohibiting its prosecutors from possessing handguns, even in their homes. We registered our disapproval as well. On Wednesday, mere days after the story broke, Prof. Volokh reported that the policy had been rescinded. Well, mostly rescinded More
San Francisco Supervisors Drive All Gun Stores from City Last week, employees at the 63-year-old store announced that it would be closing on October 31st as a result of the city’s continued efforts to remove lawfully held firearms from the city through intolerable regulations More
In Chicago: Black Lives Don’t Matter … to Obama, Ole Jesse, or Al Sharpton if they can’t make any money off them: With at least 60 murders citywide, last month was the deadliest September in Chicago More
Most Brilliant Retard on the planet … Michael Moore: 'I Think the Only Safe Place for Guns is in a Woman's Uterus' More
Most Brilliant Retard on the Planet 2 … Gun-Grabber in Chief On The Move: Obama Preparing More Executive Actions on Gun Control, says White House More
Guns! Which GOP Candidates Own Guns? More
by Sue Long, North, VA
[Editor’s Note; Sue Long of North, VA has joined VNS as a regular columnist. Sue is self-described as …”devoted to God, a Bible believing church-goer from childhood, to her family, eager to become, in a few months, a great-great-grandmother, and to country having been a volunteer in the John Birch Society since 1961.
“For a time she was on the staff at the headquarters for the John Birch Society, as secretary for the editor of their magazine predecessors to The New American and the now President John F. McManus, before making her home in Mathews County, Virginia”
We look forward to her coherent, insightful commentary on the poor state of America’s current leadership. She is a patriot deserving of your support.]
It is has been said that you can’t fight City Hall. But, actually you can. History is replete with changes in what government has done. By the same token, we also know from history that it is much more easily done at the local level. At the state level, it is more difficult and even more so at the federal level. Can you just imagine what it would be like with an all-powerful one-world government?
A war-weary America was sold on the United Nations as the best hope for peace in the world. Well, history has certainly proved that to be a myth. Some would say that that is not reason enough to get the United States out of the United Nations, that it would be isolationist. But, that isn’t the only way to interact with other nations. Diplomatic relations on an individual basis is not only possible, it is a preferable means of interrelating with other nations. We did this all the time before the UN came onto the scene.
Isn’t it pretty drastic, though, to get out altogether?
Looks like Winston Salem is going to scrap their trolleys as it cost $23 per rider.
with a $33,000,000 shortfall, VB can ill afford to have the Paul Fraim choo choo.
Stand by for another tax increase.
What is the unfunded liability now? Was $500,000,000.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Uncle Sam is ill. He’s sick to the point I fear he may not recover. You see, he’s infected with a terrible disease called Liberalism. Liberalism is like kudzu. It’s progressive, tenacious, spreading over its victims, and eventually smothering them.
Barack Obama is the Kudzu Prince, a progressive liar with no regard for others or Uncle Sam. He lies to get a foot in the door, then chokes the life out of everything decent and American. He protects his Muslim Brotherhood while placing our republic in Harm’s Way.
Although we hear little about it, we should be concerned about pending legislation that could destroy our sovereignty as a free and independent nation.
We already have NAFTA which is responsible for the loss of many jobs to outsourcing. Then there is the pending TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) which would merge our country into a regional government in the Pacific.
Sold as a means of beating out China in trade agreements, we are not told how China could join TPP later on in spite of our objections.
In addition, TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) would merge us with the EU which is now comprised of what were once sovereign nations in Europe, having been sold on it that it would help their economy.
Now, there is yet another to add to the mix, TiSA (Trade in Services Agreement). As if it isn’t enough that much of American manufacturing production has already been shipped out, leaving services as the main stay of the American economy, now services are on the chopping block.
The TiSA would give the UN’s World Trade Organization (WTO) unprecedented control over the service sector, including jobs in banking, finance, courier and postal services, delivery and freight services, energy distribution, health care, insurance, maritime, professional services, legal services, licensing, real estate, telecommunications, transportation, tourism, and much more. See the full report:
We need to insist that our legislators vote against this threat to our country.
Sue Long - North, VA
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
The week of 27 September 2015 is one that you shouldn’t forget for a number of reasons. We saw prime examples of what is happening to America both at home and abroad and none of it is good.
On 30 Sept 15, at approximately 0800, a suspicious person was reported in a van in the parking lot of a mall in Forest Acres, SC.
Two officers reported to the scene and a pursuit ensued. The man who ran from police was caught by one of the officers and he refused to surrender, battling Officer Greg Alia, 32.
The suspect pulled a gun and shot and killed Officer Alia.
The suspect’s name is Alvis Parks and we know little about him except for the mug shot on file. It is that of a black man in his thirties or forties in a prison orange jumpsuit. But, you wouldn’t know that except for social media.
The thug’s photo never appeared in the MSM and the story was completely erased from the MSM coverage within 24 hours.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP RINO elites are soiling their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire.
The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River. Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives dupes who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do.
Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP elites are craping their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire. The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River.
Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do. Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
- Bone Density Scan: Who Should Get One
- Uterine Growths
- Video Games May Make Women Pile Up More Than Points
- Computer-Aided Mammograms May Not Be Worth the Cost: Study
- MRIs Before Breast Cancer Surgery on the Rise: Study
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- ofloxacin, Floxin (Discontinued Brand)
- Health Tip: What May Cause Urinary Incontinence
- Dangers of Vaginal Mesh Surgery for Incontinence May Be Overstated: Study
- Growth Hormone May Lower Odds of Fractures in Older Women
- NATO: Russian planes in Turkish air space no accident
- Texas inmate executed for killing man in $8 robbery
- Why Justice Department's plan to free 6,000 inmates is only the beginning
- The deeper frustration behind House hard-liners' revolt against speaker
- How Europe, US can solve Internet privacy
- Startling neutrino discovery wins physics Nobel Prize
- Nine big companies that offer benefits for part-time workers
- How ancient hands and feet shed light on human evolution
- Why Google's Android app strategy could lead to sanctions in Russia
- Why the Justice Department will soon release 6,000 prisoners
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought extremist buyers
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought extremist buyers
- South Carolina cleans up, but worries remain amid floods
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon, Connecticut slayings
- Search for answers begins in sinking of US cargo ship
- New generation of disillusioned Palestinians drives unrest
- Guatemala to investigate for those responsible for mudslide
- As Pyongyang readies grand show, rural life still a struggle
- Luxury birthing clinics spur cesarean 'epidemic' in Brazil
- NY attorney general opens probe into fantasy sports websites
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Seagate -- My Four Core Tech Stocks
- Have Emerging Markets Hit Bottom Yet?
- Best Languages for Your Career
- Best T. Rowe Price Funds for Your 401(k)
- Guide to Getting the Most Out of Medicare, 2015
- How to Put an Extra $1,000 in Your Pocket by the Holidays
- 5 Easy Ways to Save $1,000 by the Holidays
- Worst College Majors for Your Career 2015-2016
- 5 Strategies to Keep Your Heirs From Blowing Their Inheritance
- Best Ways to Help Your Grandkids Pay for College