Today's Top Stories - May 4, 2015
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Houston man who shot and killed armed robber who held a gun to the back of his head More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To police who shoot two gunmen dead outside Dallas Conference on Cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad: Guard wounded More
GUNS! Oregon’s SB 941 drives up gun prices, does not prevent sandy hook-style attacksAs Senate Bill 941 continues to make its way through Oregon’s legislature–ostensibly to reduce gun violence and do away with Sandy Hook-style attacks–many people are realizing the that bill’s true impact will be seen in higher gun prices without any real preventative against the kind of attack Adam Lanza carried out on December 14, 2012 More
GUNS! Clinton Hires Anti-Gun Astroturfer for her "Grassroots" Campaign Despite already amassing an anti-gun track record that would make Michael Bloomberg proud, Democratic presidential nominee candidate Hillary Clinton appears intent on adding to it whenever possible. Last week brought the news that Clinton has hired gun control advocate Scott Hogan to run her "grassroots" campaign in Minnesota. Hogan formerly served as the Minnesota Director and Campaign Manager for Everytown for Gun Safety More
GUNS! Gun Ban Upheld, Federal Appellate Court Uses "Feelings" to Justify It Such bans are justifiable, according to the court, merely on the basis that they "may increase the public's sense of safety." More
GUNS! Anti-gun Researchers Discover Northeastern Police Chiefs Crave Power, Contend for Nobel Prize in "Well, Duh" A survey conducted by anti-gun researcher David Hemenway and former Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association President James G. Hicks, the results of which were published in the Journal of Public Health Policy, found that 90 percent of Massachusetts police chiefs favor keeping in place the current may-issue concealed carry permitting regime that gives them discretionary control over the issuance of permits More
GUNS! Passage of H.R. 2028 Includes Right-to-Carry on Army Corps Land Provision This legislation would help end the patchwork of firearm laws and regulations that govern different federal lands managed by different federal agencies More
SCARY!!!!! The ominous push to federalize local police The new cause célèbre from the Left is typical: the answer to the violence in the urban areas of our nation is More Federal Government More
Wetback Update … The fight in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals over the president’s circumvention of immigration laws to legalize illegal aliens absent congressional legislation is just one effort to reverse the sweeping executive amnesties More
IRS-GATE … Step One on the Path to Justice: House Ways and Means Committee Votes to Refer Lois Lerner For Criminal Charges More
Time To Pay Up: Mr - Tax The Rich George Soros Reportedly Owes a $7 Billion Tax Bill, after reportedly delaying payment for years More
SCREW THE AMERICANS … Shades of Benghazi - Obama Bunch Refuses To Rescue 700 Americans Trapped in Yemen: The last time Obama et al abandoned Americans in the Middle East, our Ambassador died in Benghazi, along with 3 other Americans serving their country More
by Chris Kettner - VNS Columnist and host of the Specialist Radio hour.
The Real Problem
Let’s go to Baltimore everybody! Well maybe…not.
The Rioting and looting seen on our television screens this week are merely a microcoism into almost every urban big city in America. MAKE NO MISTAKE…It is clearly fueled by radical liberal policies and political corruption.
Baltimore has not had a Republican Mayor since 1967 and Maryland only (2) two Republican Governors since 1969.
The Radical Liberal mindset is clear. Baltimore’s Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s statement to “Give those who wish to destroy….Space to destroy” says it all.
What I, your humble correspondent noticed is “This space to destroy” was of course tax payer buildings, and private citizens loss of life savings.
This IS the typical Radical Liberal mindset.
I did not see the Mayor allowing HER property, HER office building, and HER cars being given “Space to be destroyed”……Just everyone else’s.
Maybe these will resonate with you. Click on [Read More] below for rest of the column
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
I was born in 1938. I remember WWII, seeing the soldiers on the street corners. My parents protected me and my sisters from the horrors of Germany and Japan.
In high school I had a shop teacher who survived the Bataan Death March. He was gray looking and never smiled. And a biology teacher that shook all the time from shell shock. We kids paid them no mind. They were oddities to be ridiculed and laughed at.
I had an uncle who followed Patton across Europe building roads and bridges. Uncle Clyde never spoke of the war. He was a quiet and reserved individual. CA Henry was with the Army Air Force in the Pacific and Korea. CA never mentioned the wars. Both are dead now.
Jack Marshal is still alive. We call each other once a month. He served on PT boats in the Pacific. Gordon Sams is ailing and nearing the end. He served on cargo ships at Iwo Jima and Okinawa.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
“He alone who owns the youth, gains the future.” Adolf Hitler
How many tenured professors at UT indoctrinate their students with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin? You’ll find the Communist Manifesto on their reading lists.
You will not find the Federalist Papers there. Only progressive communist ideology is taught.
“The rich aren’t paying their fair share.” Barack Obama
Top 1% pays over 20% of all tax revenues. Top 10% pays 68%. Top 50% pays 97%. The bottom 50%, the ones on welfare and government handouts, pay only 3%.
“It’s Bush’s fault.” Barack Obama.
Nobody ever said the Virginia Beach voters are smart.
In fact the Virginia Beach city Council thinks they are downright stupid - why else would they be able to raise the property tax rate from $.87 to a dollar $1.22 in 10 years without protest?
Now the Council plans to raise it another six cents per $100 assessed value to finance fiscal mismanagement and to help bail Norfolk out of its financially crippling, money-losing and unsuccessful ‘Fraim’s Folly' – – AKA Norfolk light rail system.
And have you heard any grumbling from the taxpayers? No!
VNS columnist Bob O'Connor looks at this display of citizen stupidity in his most recent column entitled "Easy Pickin’s.” Click here to see: O'Connor's 'Easy Pickin's' for an insight into stupidity of beach taxpayers.
Did novice Virginia Beach City Councilman Ben Davenport hit the Kickapoo Joy Juice before Thursday night's city Council budget hearing or does he not know what racism is when he hears it?
In his libertarian attack on the city's proposed budget, former City Councilman Robert K. Dean, in his speech,(balance of which had to be delivered by another citizen because of time restraints, stated. among other things: See Dean’s complete statement
“And Mrs. Hammond? (A staunch, but under-educated supporter of the Folly Trolley) What is it about this light rail proposal that makes it so finger-licking good?
“Is it the 40 percent cost-overruns? Or the fact that it will absolutely NOT reduce traffic congestion? Let me repeat that. No reduction in traffic congestion. And before the first shovel of dirt is turned, you have already thrown away a minimum of just under $50 million dollars that has to be figured into the capital cost of the project.”
Now we know that current state delegate and former Councilman Ron Villanueva was selected by Virginia News Source as one of the dumbest councilmen in Virginia Beach when he stuck out his chest trying to act intellectual and asked the police chief (about a murder case) if he had interviewed the victim. The police chief answered, "Mr. Villanueva, the victim was dead!) For that he was one of the first recipients of VNS’ "Dumb Ass of the Week Award.”
Davenport is now in the running for a council ‘DAW Award’. According to Dean, Davenport became agitated ... went ballistic charging 'finger-licking' was a blatantly racist remark... The Council youngster obviously didn't know anything about the KFC marketing slogan, its orgin and its useage in the world.
His nonsensical tirade caused Mayor Will (who refuses to deny he has used the word “NIGGER” in conversations) Sessoms to bring down the gavel and ’shush’ Lil Ben, telling him to be quiet and sit-down.
Dean was dumbfounded. Unable to understand what triggered the outburst. He couldn't comprehend what Lil' Ben was trying to say about racism …
by Tom Holmes
I share with you the following note to a friend regarding the attitudes of the Obama Administration toward our men and women in uniform:
You and I have children who served in Iraq, so we have a particular perspective on what it is like to send a child off into the field of battle. My son's USMC unit was activated prior to hostilities, mid-term, second semester of his senior year at Ole Miss, but he never once complained. Spent his birthday that year rolling across the desert from Kuwait into Iraq.
by John P.Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
A man has to helplessly watch a pack of coyotes tearing a live, new-born calf apart to realize that cattle and coyotes don't mix. Sometimes, the culprits are hopelessly out-of-range. For many decades, coyotes were not a part of the Virginia landscape; but, now they are found in every corner of the state.
As a consequence of their taste for beef and wild game that we enjoy, we shoot coyotes on sight out on the farm in Suffolk, VA, where we hunt turkeys, bear and deer. If by chance we are able to see where the coyotes are dening, we're not above throwing poisoned baits near the mouth of the den. If you think that you've wiped them out, soon other coyotes will sense the territory is available and move their clan in to fill the vacancy. I guess that's just nature's way, the strong hoping to pray on the weak. CLICK 'READ MORE' BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
- 'The Coin"
- Obama's immigration moves sure to destroy America!
- White Rabbit - song of drugs, sex, and rock & roll, communes, war protesters, dropping out - Does it still apply?
- A Govt. of 'Goofballs' trying to be global leaders
- 4 simple sentences sum-up 10,535 pages of Obama Care
- No 'Cruz'in' for this reader
- Breast Reconstruction Often Involves Multiple Operations
- Study Casts Doubt on Use of Common Antibiotic for UTIs in Women
- Breast Augmentation
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Women With Grandkids May Leave Workforce Sooner
- Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers Act Differently in Each Woman: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Urine Isn't Free of Bacteria
- Obama taps Marine general Joseph Dunford as Joint Chiefs chairman
- Anti-Muhammad cartoon contest: Free speech or deliberately provocative?
- How would climate change regulations help now? Study seeks answer.
- Nepal earthquake: how one US aircraft could make a big difference
- Boston bombing trial: Tsarnaev breaks stoic facade, blows kiss to tearful aunt
- Bernie Sanders: Can Vermont's favorite uncle catch on outside the state?
- Ben Carson says he's running: Any chance he'll win in 2016?
- At violent protests in Israel, new generation of Ethiopian Jews is heard
- What is 'My Brother's Keeper Alliance'?
- Afghanistan's trial against fear
- Accused Texas gunman well-known to FBI before attack
- The Latest on prophet cartoon case: SWAT helped kill gunmen
- Cartoon contest organizer known for inflammatory rhetoric
- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots
- APNewsBreak: Marine general chosen Joint Chiefs chairman
- GOP field grows: Longshots Fiorina, Carson launch their bids
- Jean-Marie Le Pen suspended from French far-right party
- State: No evidence of conflict in Clinton Foundation gifts
- 'Exceptional' NYPD officer dies from gunshot wound to head
- A name for Britain's new princess: Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Surprising Credit-Card Purchases That Don't Earn You Rewards
- How Snowbirds Can Trim Tax Bills in Retirement
- 7 Great Credit Unions Anyone Can Join
- Investors, Stay Sane in a Crazy Market
- How to Get Deals on Mother's Day Gifts
- 5 Great Technologies Launched Via Crowdfunding
- Why You Should Sell in May and Go Away
- 3 Reasons Women Will Never Retire
- 6 Things You Must Know About Aging in Place
- How to Throw a $5,000 Wedding