Today's Top Stories - August 4, 2015
Guns! TN Gov.Haslam says guns-in-parks bill worth reviewing for clarity says he believes a recent state attorney general's opinion is at least one reason lawmakers should consider reviewing the law that allows handgun carry permit holders to bring firearms to parks, playgrounds and sports fields More
Guns! Retailers to pay New York $300,000 in toy gun settlement Retailers including Wal-Mart, Sears and Amazon have agreed to halt the sales of realistic-looking toy guns in New York and pay over $300,000 in penalties, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced Monday More
Guns! Proof ‘black lives don’t matter’ … 3 Killed, 37 Wounded In Chicago Weekend Shootings More
Wetback update 1 … Jeb Bush unveils border security, immigration reform plan Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is outlining a six-point strategy to bolster security at the nation’s border and overhaul its immigration laws More
Wetback Update 2 … Jeb Bush decries ‘chain’ immigration, defends fundraising at Koch brothers event Jeb Bush, now the undisputed king of fundraisers in both parties, came prepared on Sunday to address head-on the immigration issue, one of his biggest vulnerabilities with Republican core voters More
Wetback Update 3 … Jeb Bush calls for sanctuary crackdown, local enforcement of immigration laws GOP presidential hopeful Jeb Bush announced a six-point plan to improve border security Monday, calling for a series of basic steps that draw general agreement -- and a controversial crackdown on sanctuary cities More
Wetback Update 4 … Illegal immigrant, 16, sets Texas patrol car on fire to protest ICE deportations More
Jeb Bush calls for sanctuary crackdown, local enforcement of immigration laws More
Guns! Debunking Bloomberg Gun Control Lie About Background Checks In this News Minute from the NRA Institute for Legislative Action, Jennifer Zahrn addresses the false claim that 40 percent of gun sales do not go through background checks. More
By Ira White
VNS Contributor - Portsmouth
BY ITS REAL NAME
We've all heard the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger."
Unfortunately there's been a lot of that going on recently, mostly by activists and their lawyers. They shoot messengers for hanging the US flag outside their homes, displaying the 10 Commandments on public property, sticking In God We Trust banners on police cars, or speaking as pastors and military chaplains about morality and sin. To name a few. Problem is those good people didn't make this stuff up... they're just the messengers.
Fact is the liberal and legal combatants can't shoot a heritage and song about The Star-Spangled Banner, the best-selling book in the world, a national motto stamped on our currency and government buildings, or the profound teachings of a guy named Jesus.
by Larry Henry
Are you caught out in the storm?
76% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. 14.5% live below the poverty level. Our recession never ended. Both parties are to blame. President Obama covets socialism. Boehner and McConnell covet power and wealth.
John Kerry’s 4 months in Vietnam was a bad joke. Three purple hearts for minor injuries brought on by his personal incompetence. Kerry shot civilians. He lied before Congress about Vietnam, about himself, and about Jane Fonda. They were a disgrace in 1968. They’re both a disgrace still today.
I have sent the following letter to my congressmen regarding the criminal activity of Planned Parenthood, and urge others to do the same. It is also interesting to note that all Republican congressmen list "Abortion" as a subject (required) when sending correspondence, but no Democrat does; they list only "Women's Issues" or "Reproductive Health". The smokescreen is conspicuous.
Dear Senator or Representative,
I have watched almost three hours of undercover interviews in their full context conducted with Dr. Deborah Nucatola and Dr. Mary Gatter, and it is clear by the admission of these two PPFA executives that at least two federal crimes were committed:
1. Prices were haggled by both for the sale of fetal specimens, and Dr. Gatter even indicated that she would research the highest values by other PP affiliates in order to maximize that price. It is clear that set or listed prices by a particular affiliate for collection, maintenance, delivery, etc. would not involve haggling or researching the "highest price" of other affiliates. Selling fetal specimens is a crime under federal law.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
We have suffered another humiliating attack at the hands of one (or more) of the human / animal hybrids espousing a religious theology that condones violence against women and pedophilia, among other quirks, like beheadings.
Supposedly standing between us and these animals is our fabled FBI and NSA.
Where were these agencies as the shooters hatched their plots in Fort Hood, the Washington Navy Yard, Garland, TX, and Chattanooga?
Wait a minute. Did the FBI know that Major Nidal Hasan was in email communication with a radical sheik in Yemen who was later killed with a drone?
Yes, as a matter of fact they did knew all about that communication. Did 13 people die as Hasan climbed on top a table, shouted 'Allahu Akbar' and pulled the trigger repeatedly? [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
I sent the following letter registered to Mayor Will Sessoms:
21 July 15 Registered
Mayor Will Sessoms
Ref: Priorities of You and the VB City Council
Dear Mr. Mayor:
I spoke on two different occasions this past Spring as you and the VB City Council sat and heard arguments for and against funding for light rail cars in your budget in the amount of $21 million.
I stressed the fact that we are in an undeclared state of war against radical Islam and they have struck too many times to mention; but, the attack last week in Chattanooga helps drive home the point that I have been stressing: Do we need light rail when all our schools are wide open to anyone with a weapon who cares to walk through the front doors? How about our beaches, malls, churches and synagogues? Have the attacks on Tunisian beaches not driven the point home for you and the city council? I have copied my latest remarks to city council below in an effort to help show you the utter folly of your stance.
“Yesterday morning, I was warmly welcomed at two elementary schools near my home in VB. I am puzzled how sniper teams can be positioned atop tall buildings on military bases located all over our city due to Force Protection Condition “Bravo,” yet, it was possible for me and anyone else to walk right in to our schools.
In America one can rise above one's birth and circumstances, but you can't rise above your level of intelligence. Kerry seems to have been born lucky, and married lucky, but beyond that seems to have not one single mitigating, socially redeemable trait. The Moron Cycle of Life:
This "Moron Cycle of Life" is killing America.
Thus endeth the lesson.
In light of the recent terrorist event in Chattanooga, will the Beach City Council now withdraw its approval of a mosque in our midst?
Probably not, but we really must consider removing the Confederate monument at Princess Anne.
Council continues to be of the belief that there are such things as "moderate" mohammedans, the result being that citizens of Virginia Beach will continue to be sold down the river in the name of political correctness.
I am disgusted and frustrated. One crazed white person, who just happened to have had his picture made with a Confederate battle flag, goes on a shooting spree and his action is cause enough to call for the destruction of Southern heritage.
Yet, a crazed mohammedan goes and kills several of America's finest and everyone wants to know his motive instead of addressing the threat.
It may just be me, but: [Click Read More below to read rest of the letter]
- No Light Rail - Tell City Council
- Trojans, Beavers and other names of sports teams that are offensive
- The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness
- Visiting Disney after being hit by a big dog!
- Reform for Better Health Care
- Sons of Confederacy file court action over Confederate license tags
- Vaginal Pain
- For Women, No Link Between Kidney Stones, Osteoporosis
- Gardasil (HPV Vaccine)
- Change in 'Pap' Test Rules Linked to Drop in STD Testing
- Childhood Stress May Spur Weight Gain in Women
- Radiation From Mammograms May Be Lower Than Thought
- etidronate, Didronel
- nafarelin, Synarel
- Women Spend Far Less on Birth Control Because of 'Obamacare'
- Millennials More Accepting of Working Moms Than Past Generations
- Planned Parenthood bill blocked: For GOP, abortion as national issue is tricky
- Memphis shooting: Manhunt ends with suspected killer's surrender
- Senate blocks GOP measure to defund Planned Parenthood – for now
- Drinkable meals with audience appeal: Soylent's scene is people
- 4 steps to prep your finances for your first baby
- As Jon Stewart ends 'Daily Show' run, his influence is everywhere
- Gov. Christie’s 'tell it like it is' rhetoric: Is it working?
- The honey vs. vinegar dilemma for China, Russia
- In Islamic State's stronghold, a silent killer in jihadist ranks
- Mexico City: Why didn't slain journalist Ruben Espinosa seek protection?
- Senate blocks GOP bill to halt Planned Parenthood fed funds
- Obama's power plant climate plan shifts to courts, states
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Report: US-led strikes in Iraq, Syria killed 459 civilians
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview
- Report: 2 dead, 15 hurt in New Hampshire tent collapse
- Ex-con accused of killing police officer turns self in
- Holmes jury keeps execution as option as sentencing advances
- DA: Authorities eyeing revenge motive in courthouse shooting
- Cooler weather helps crews battling California wildfire
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Surprising Places To Find Robots
- 3 Worst Things to Buy Online
- How to Fix 3 Retirement-Savings Flaws
- For Sale: Used Robots
- How to Be Smart (Not Brilliant) With Your Financial Planning, Part II
- 29 Ways to Earn Extra Cash
- 5 Under-the-Radar Growth Stocks to Buy Now
- Students, Shop Around for Better Bank Accounts
- Surprising Reasons to Buy a Used Rental Car
- Student Loan Lessons from Martin O'Malley