Today's Top Stories - August 28, 2014
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To 73 YO Omaha man fired one shot from his Taurus .380 ACP Pistol, grazing burglar’s torso - he went back out broken window and waited on police to arrive More
GUNS! in Louisiana where a federal judge has ruled that a local Baton Rouge law banning firearms on the property of businesses that serve alcohol, even in the parking lot, is a violation of the Second Amendment. Report: Not only did the judge strike down the law, he also awarded the plaintiff in the case monetary damages More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Houston man who critically injured burglar breaking into his home. Unfortunately, the dirtbag is going to survive More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To U.S. Marshals who took down a long sought drug dirtbag in NYC shootout More
GUNS! Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry applications surge; City sees fewer homicides, robberies, burglaries, car thefts as Illinois residents take arms More
GUNS! Now that’s real: Member of reality TV show “Cops” Killed in Omaha Police Shooting Police officers who opened fire while disrupting a robbery at a fast-food restaurant in Omaha killed a crew member with the TV show Cops as well as the suspect, who was armed with a pellet gun they thought was a real handgun, authorities said Wednesday. More
GUNS! TX court jury took only 3 hours to find father not guilty of shooting 20 YO driver who killed his two sons, 11 & 12 YO in December More
BOSTON MARATHON bOMBER'S SISTER Arrested For Bomb Threat In NYC More
IRS-GATE COVER UP CONT’D: IRS "Ethics Lawyer" Facing Possible Disbarment; Accused of Lying More
HITTIN’ HILLARY … BENGHAZIGATE: Benghazi Blitz About to Crash into Slick Hillie; 3 books, Fox documentary: A blitzkrieg of Benghazi news and interviews from those involved in the 2012 disaster in Libya is about to slam into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration's effort to outrun the scandal More
SCREW THE VETERANS!
VA Training Guide Labels Disgruntled Vets as 'Oscar the Grouch' Even as new Veterans Administration secretary Robert McDonald urges VA employees to "rebuild trust" with veterans in the midst of treatment delays and coverup scandals in the agency More
Rep. Jeff Miller on Wednesday pledged a "bottom-to-top, top-to-bottom review" of the Department of Veterans Affairs in light of the scandal that led to the deaths of as many as 40 veterans while they awaited care More
Obama's DOJ Quietly (Sneakily) Opens New Asylum Gate For Guatemalans: The Department of Justice’s board of immigration appeals has decided to let Guatemalan women win asylum in the United States if they claim to be victims of domestic violence More
Tea Party Reveals Hottest Political Issue of 2014: BORDER CHAOS tops economy, health care, federal debt, taxes, dissatisfaction with government More
Illegal Immigration: Mexico President Calls For Justice For Immigrants During California Trip. President Enrique Pena Nieto encouraged Americans to embrace immigrants and provide justice “to those who contribute so much to the development of the American society” More
Illegal immigrant charged in crash that killed Mt. Airy, OH woman; Woman's Jeep turned into path of motorcycle, failed to yield when turning; NO DRIVER'S LICENSE, NO INSURANCE, NO RESPONSIBIITY More
Border Chaos: Obama Lawyers AWOL as Pending Immigration Court Cases Soar to Record 375,000, leading to at least a 3-year delay - That means illegals have at least 3 years to dig themselves into the USA and simply disappear More
Did Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad charter a jet to send 124 immigrant children back to Honduras? Nah! Gov. Terry Branstad, said sounds good, but the story is an urban legend More
Obama Pressured From Both Sides on Immigration; both sides are pushing on immigration, with advocates pressuring him to use his executive powers to stop deportations and opponents arguing the administration has overstepped its powers and immigrants should be sent back to their homelands More
Labor unions (they need more ignorant dues paying members) Wednesday increased pressure on President Obama to use executive action to ease immigration laws, saying that’s the best hope for undocumented workers who are being exploited and mistreated by unscrupulous employers More
by Larry Henry - Special to VNS
Cowards to the Right of us,
Traitors to the Left of us,
Media Morons in front of us,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred
300 from Congress and 300 from the White House.
This reminds me of the allegory of Plato’s Cave.
Socrates describes a band of prisoners who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all their lives, facing a blank wall. The prisoners watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them. Those shadows are as close as they ever get to viewing reality.
by Sue Long - Special to VNS
Davy Crockett that is. When we think of Davy Crockett what usually comes to mind are his exploits as a pioneer wearing a raccoon-tail cap and his death at The Alamo. What is lesser known is that he was also a highly respected member of the United States House of Representatives from Tennessee.
(Note) I launched this guided missile this evening. Personally, I will never touch a Smithfield product as I refuse to partake in cruelty and suffering. It amazes me that nobody, like reporters, ever puts the record-breaking profits and the vague deadlines of 2017 and 2022 together!!! Logic gap big enough to drive a Mack truck through.
Back in December 2011 Smithfield said they would “get rid of all gestation crates for pregnant sows on its farms by 2017.” Pregnant sows were…and apparently still are..kept in a crate with little room to move. Several animal rights groups asked Smithfield to get rid of the ‘gestation crates’ as soon as possible.
In the same month, December 2011, Smithfield posted a $120.7M quarterly profit…it’s third best quarter ever. When this was reported in the Pilot, no relationship was drawn between the cruel practices and the high profit. Click Read More below:
Is it too farfetched to think Obama will try to use the ebola scare to declare marshall law? By executive order, he’s already declared certain cities as ‘quarantine stations’ - El Paso, Los Angeles, and 18 other cities.
Cap’n Crawdad became concerned when he heard Fox News talking about ebola panic. Some conspiracy theorists are ready to believe that the incompetent CDC, which it was recently revealed, lost deadly small pox viruses, and other deadly diseases, is poised to allow ebola to escape into the U.S. population.
If it does, don’t say Cap’n Crawdad and VNS didn’t warn you. But Cap’n Crawdad went running to his front door this morning - expecting hoards of frightened Virginia Beach citizens milling around in flip flops and carrying pitchforks, surfboards, and hockey sticks in protest.
Will the Kenyan-In-Chief use this event to crown himself ruler of the world? Read Kuchta’s take on the ebola panic: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/
by Larry Henry
War is coming … our way.
If you understand the history of the 20th Century, you know what’s around the corner.
The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march. Israel is fighting for her life. Russia is threatening the Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Western Europe and England are being overrun by Islam. China is threatening Formosa and Japan. North Korea, Pakistan, and India all have nuclear weapons. Click [Read More] below for rest of the article
A Christian holocaust is taking place all over the Middle East and coming to America.
Christian men, women, and children, as well as other minorities, are LITERALLY being crucified, butchered, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery by the most grotesque, repugnant brutality unheard of in modernity.
What makes this particularly atrocious is the fact that WE, and every taxpaying American, are funding it.
America, under Obama, provided the “Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, aka “ISIS”, with training, arms, and equipment, including MRAPS, Hellfire missiles, Humvees, millions of rounds of ammunition, etc, just for starters.
That’s what was ‘officially’ supplied to Iraq and ‘left’ for ISIS to pick up on its way to the slaughter.
A Virginia News Source Special Report
[Editor’s note: As a veteran reporter covering federal, state, and local courts since 1960, this reporter has never witnessed a story like Cameron Crockett’s.
His conviction on a manslaughter charge was the result of incompetent or corrupt prosecutors, defense attorneys, police investigators, and the courts. Or all of the above.
In fact one witness told the court she overheard the son of a Beach cop say, “I just got free…I thought I killed both of them (both Crockett and his best friend): The man, Jacob Palmer, was never interrogated by police or called to testify.
A police spokesman said the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office shut down their investigation and didn’t share information with them.
All are hiding behind official protection to keep the coverup going.
Prosecutors illegally read Crockett’s mail.
It was never proven by any witness that Crockett was driving.
Through judicial corruption, he was railroaded on withheld or manipulated evidence and sent to prison.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Co-Workers Take Dim View of Women Who Seek Flex Time: Study
- Women Over 75 May Benefit From Mammograms
- J&J Pulls Hysterectomy Tool Tied to Cancer Risk From Market
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- calcium carbonate, Caltrate 600, Os-Cal 500, Tums Extra, Tums Chewy Delight, and Many Others
- Early Hormone Therapy May Be Safe for Women's Hearts
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Ease Urinary Incontinence
- James Foley and 3 other hostages were waterboarded by Islamic State: Report
- Tropical storm Marie sends huge waves to Southern California
- Diane Sawyer signs off as ABC's evening news anchor
- Woman dies at Burning Man: First death in seven years
- Why Obama's 'we don't have a strategy yet' on Islamic State is good, for now
- How should Hillary Clinton deploy Bill in 2016?
- Pennsylvania reaches deal to expand Medicaid to low-income earners
- Scientists open a window to sun's core – and try to pry it open further
- Serena Williams sails through US Open winds, Anna Ivanovic falls in straight sets
- Britain poorer than all US states except Mississippi
- Ukraine accuses Russia of sending in tanks, armor
- Jihadists kill dozens of captured Syrian soldiers
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- UN: Ebola disease caseload could reach 20,000
- High school buddies followed similar path to jihad
- Woman unearths past of forgotten Indian cemetery
- California Legislature passes 'yes means yes' bill
- Obama sets no timeline for action on immigration
- US rebukes Oklahoma for ditching school standards
- Daughter: Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably'
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 27, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- A Health Care Revolution
- Taxes on Scholarships
- 2 Surprising Bargain Stocks for Value Investors
- Best and Worst Buys of September 2014
- 10 Markets Where Housing Prices Have Fallen the Most - 2014
- Stocks for Cashing in on the Online Travel Boom
- How 6 Types of Retirement Income Are Taxed
- How Jeopardy Champion Julia Collins Will Spend Her Windfall
- Freebies for Your Dog
- 10 Markets Where Housing Prices Have Risen the Most - 2014
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections