Our nation has deteriorated into control of the people by a power-seeking bunch of Politicians, backed by the powerful media and manipulating lobbyists. To some degree, the voting public are to blame for the state of our nation today. I am saddened that our national dilemma has likely reached a point of no return. At my age I may not be too adversely affected, but I feel sorry for my children and grandchildren who will have to live in the world these greedy fools are making. Let me end with, possibly, the 5 truest sentences you'll ever read:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealthy into poverty.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for, without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anyone anything that the government does not first take from someone else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for; that is the beginning of the end of any nation!
|< Prev||Next >|