Self-described as professional muckrakers, politically incorrect, and equal opportunity offenders, Virginia News Source launched on a bright sunny day, May 1, 2001 reporting the city was violating its own zoning law. The same sign law it had been prosecuting its citizens for by erecting a huge illegal billboard on Mt. Trashmore facing the Interstate advertising “Virignia Beach Open Buy.Com” golf tournament.
VNS photographed the billboard @ 8:55 a.m., called anti-sign Councilwoman Reba McClanan at 9:15 a.m. Called City Manager Jim Spore’s secretary who tried to say the city had an exemption because it was a city sponsored event, but zoning enforcement officer Kevin Hershberger said, “We don’t believe the city can do this….It is illegal and we have ordered it down. By noon, the sign was being removed. Score one for VNS & the citizens who’d been fined for similar illegal signs.
More recently VNS did an investigation that cleared former House candidate Scott Taylor and current Congressman-elect of charges he was engaged in drug and prostitution by operatives of a political opponent. The VNS investigation and stories assured Taylor's election to the House of Delegates and set him up for a successful defamation suit against the perpetrators.
VNS went on to report on the birthplace of country music, and was the only media present at the late, great Johnny Cash’s final public appearance and performance; exposed beach police illegally spyed on opponents of a proposed $55 MILLION captive dolphin tank, including running a pix of the ‘undercover cop’ sent in undercover to spy - the project failed and no dolphins were captured, but not before VNS exposed the city illegally destroyed court documents in the case.
See links to the below listed stories at: www.veritas-solus.com. Click READ MORE below for rest of the story:
VNS publisher only one is U.S. to accurately predict Trump win by a landslide. On October 26, the following analysis was forwarded to a select group of VNS readers and supporters.
The publisher does not use historical data, fancy maps, or statistical charts. He samples the voters’ attitudes and actions to make such calls.
During the late 60s and early 70s, it was not uncommon to be able to accurately predict winners and loser in election fights between the dominant Kellam/Bryd Machine candidates and challengers despite polls to the contrary.
That same tactic was used in predicting this year’s presidential race and publisher Morris Rowe beat all the national pollsters and UVA political guru Larry Sabato in calling Trump’s landslide win.
This is published not to boast, but to illustrate has biased and corrupt the MSM was (and still is).
The prediction as it was written and emailed out on Oct. 26 follows:
"I may be 100% off-base, but I sense a possible, in fact likely, Trump landslide coming.
"It has been proved that the main stream media is totally biased against Trump, as is the Republican and Democrat establishment in Washington. This has left many of the voters unhappy. Trump has a lot to overcome, but the people seem to be with him. Can the Electoral College votes be rigged to steal the election? I guess anything is possible, but unlikely. And the Clintons are among the most criminal, corrupt political machine in the nation. Therefore it will take a landslide vote to assure a Trump victory.
"There is no question in my mind that the main stream media is rigging the poll reporting. For example, most of the frequently reported polls are based on sampling between 600 and 1,200 respondents. Some of the media have admitted some polls are skewed overwhelmingly toward the Democrats.
"I did run across an independent poll that was not reported widely in the media. It sampled, according to the source, 1000 voters in each of the 50 states - it was divided 33% Democrats, 33% Republicans, and the balance were independents. The results of that poll gave Trump 67%, and Hillary 38%. See Poll story from Roll Call: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/294563-poll-2016-campaign-could-flip-several-states
"Based on the emails I get daily from the various campaigns and surrogates, there appears to be a lot of fear and anxiety among the Democrats. (I’m on everybody’s email list.) I also take into consideration that where Trump has consistently drawn rally crowds in excess of 20,000, Hillary does good to draw 600-2,000 – – and even those are a big numbers for her.Click READ MORE below for rest of the story
As Virginia News Source prepares to sign off, we can’t do that without noting that the publisher and VNS and the staff actively opposed Norfolk’s and the area’s establishment politicians’ and crooks’ attempt to jam light rail down the throats of the citizens of Virginia Beach at all costs from the very beginning.
That effort was soundly defeated in last Tuesday’s election by 57% of the voters.
The campaign was built on LIES by corrupt politicians, bureaucrats and news media:
When Norfolk realized what a loser it had, it immediately tried to sell the project to beach voters - through the city’s crooked, self-serving politicians, as a great deal to get financial help for Norfolk’s financial failure. It would have been a great deal, but only for the politicians and their money-grubbing, tax-dollar stealing friends and developers.
The likes of former councilman Robert Dean, his merry band of tax protectors, and Johnny-Come-Lately city treasurer, John Atkinson, are the real heroes for the people - not the pro-light rail group headed by convicted criminal, Mayor Will Sessoms - they are all just disappointed thieves.
And oh, yeah, The Virginian-Pilot moaned the loudest with a barrage of so-called news stories and editorials based on faked facts and contorted logic.
The Pilot should stick to what it does best: Write stories about the erection of stop signs in Tidewater. Pathetic rag of so-called news.
by Catherine Crabill - VNS columnist
What do we know about the reopening of the investigation of Hillary Clinton?
First, the complaints that no one was given any indication this was about to happen. I believe Comey knew he had to do this under the radar or be thwarted and/or conceivably ‘suicided’ or indicted for phony child pornography charges, (they use that a lot…), or in some other insidious way, discredited.
Second, the timing of the announcement by Comey was while Hillary was in flight to a campaign event.
by Catherine Crabill - VNS Columnist
Less than two weeks away from the presidential election it strains credulity that a woman as corrupt as Hillary Clinton is allowed to run for president instead of punching out license plates for the rest of her life in prison.
Prima Facie evidence of her criminality is overwhelming. Treason, Sedition, High Crimes and Misdemeanors, and innumerable other felonies recently revealed by Project VERITAS, no longer disqualifies one for a presidential bid if you’re a Democrat. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - special columnist to VNS
Activists who support the Constitution will be attending a speech by Robert Brown, who has
The event will be held Saturday, November 19, 2016, at 7 p m at the Hyles Baptist Church,
7220 Courthouse Road in Chesterfield, Virginia.
Brown will be addressing the reasons why a constitutional convention, also called an Article V Convention, and the Convention of States, is filled with pitfalls including a perspective of the
1787 convention. (Click READ MORE below for rest of the story)
Betting against the political endorsements of the Virginian-Pilot has usually been successful.
This establishment publication (can’t really call it a newspaper anymore) backs and supports every council candidate who supports more growth, higher taxes, and projects that have to be subsidized by the public.
The time has come to throw the rascals out - - vote for newcomers who will support and honor the citizens and not the city's criminal Mayor Will Sessoms’ and rich old buddies who will continue get richer through Sessoms and his cabal of incumbent council members.
The Pilot has endorsed Mayor Will Sessoms, a serial criminal who used his political influence to dodge 4 of 5 criminal conflict of interest charges: He was only convicted of one count - - of using his position to benefit his bank (and personal income) with his public position.
This man should be summarily be rejected for his criminal activity and because he is the ‘darling’ hope of his friends, city developers and the Virginian-Pilot. The Pilot has never supported the wishes of the people in any election. We can only hope its endorsement of Sessoms will ring his political death knell. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
“Freedom without authority is anarchy
Authority without freedom is tyranny
This is why we should have a republic”
October 24th is the United Nations Day of Shame
Alger Hiss, an American communist spy, was instrumental in the formation of the UN and served as its first secretary-general.
The complete text of the UN Charter’s Article 25 states: “The Members of the United Nations agree to accept
and carry out the decisions of the Security Council in accordance with the present Charter.”
We signed off to allow the UN dictates to supersede our U S Constitution.
True, in the Security Council we have a veto, but we seldom use it. In the General Assembly we get one vote where there are 192 other member nations. In spite of the fact that most of them get foreign aid from us, they consistently vote against our best interests. Click READ MORE below for rest of the story:
- Convention of States - Political disaster disguised as a solution to better government
- Tax subsidies and tax increases support Light Rail
- Hang the Traitors
- Powers of Govt. - what it can, can't, but sometimes does do
- UVA served with notice of FOIA suit over $2.3 Billion 'slush fund'
- The Open Bathroom Policy and Risks to Children
- Genetic Testing: Families With Breast Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Infertility Treatment: 7 Tips to Manage Stress
- Less-Invasive Fibroid Treatment May Be 'Under-Used'
- Common Virus May Be Linked to Heart Disease, Diabetes in Some Women
- Bone Density Scan
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline
- Dutch Government Launches Birth Control Fund for Women in Developing Nations
- Birth Control Types
- Soup in a snap: kale, butter bean, and ham
- A golden host of my own
- College athletes mentor kids at domestic violence shelter
- As House GOP tries to revive health-care reform, Democrats emboldened to stop it
- In tricky US-Russia climate, citizen diplomats and scholars do the talking
- Why Trump rollback of Obama climate policies could be a long slog
- Without more sand, SoCal stands to lose big chunk of its beaches
- Chinese company Tencent picks up five percent of Tesla (+video)
- The view of Brexit from a city that voted to ‘Leave’
- A good defense against terrorist hate
- It's over: Britain files for divorce from the European Union
- The Latest: EU leaders pledge to remain united amid Brexit
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Raqqa residents trapped by militants ahead of assault
- Kushner, taking new White House role, faces rare scrutiny
- US judge to hear arguments on longer block to travel ban
- Iranians, engines of US university research, wait in limbo
- Ex-Christie aides to be sentenced in New Jersey bridge case
- Troll for the 'lulz'? A target of online abuse isn't amused
- Fans can look forward to some major changes in NFL games
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Even if Fiduciary Rule Gets Killed Under Trump, Investors Have Wised Up
- 6 Things Your Tax Preparer May Not Want You To Know
- Roth Conversions May Be Boon for Heirs
- The 7 Best Dividend Stocks for the Second Quarter
- Why United Stock Will Leave the Legging Fuss on the Tarmac
- Secrets to Shopping at Home Depot
- 6 Millennial Money Habits Every Retiree Should Learn
- Can You Get By Without a Financial Planner?
- Surprising Benefits of Amazon Prime
- Oil Prices Tank Despite OPEC Cuts