Corrupt government & Gun News - May 24, 2013
The Eagle is Gone!
Here's another one Suffolk officials can joke about: The eagle has replaced the eagle as the symbol of the American Presidency: It is half black, half white and everything it does stinks! Send this one to the School Board, boys
submitted by VNS Reader
New Benghazi Whistleblowers: Stevens Was Involved In Buyback Of Stinger Missiles From Al-Qaeda More
Obama "Directly" Involved in Benghazi Lie, charges Karl Rove, calling the scandals "corrosive" More
Congressman: Time For Special Prosecutors More
Reward? Obama Promotes State Department Editor Of Benghazi Talking Points More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To The Alabama Man Who Shot Would-Be Home Invader in the Foot - Just released from prison on sex-offender charges, it looks more like the culprit shot himself in the foot with his aborted return to crime More
The clerk of the Petersburg Circuit Court is being taken to court over her procedures for renewing concealed weapons permits A member of a Virginia gun rights group has asked the Supreme Court of Virginia to order clerk Shalva J. Braxton to process pistol permit renewals by mail More
Obama's Culture Of Intimidation: Obama Administration Trying to "Shut People Up," charges Senate Minority Leader, urging a bi-partisan investigation - "I think what we know for sure is that there is a culture of intimidation across this administration — the president demonizing his enemies, attempting to shut people up. There is certainly a culture of intimidation" More
I’ve had a really rough time accepting the deaths of those third graders at the elementary school in Moore, OK, this week.
The fact that the town is no stranger to big tornadoes doesn’t make it any easier to take the loss of so many little lives. I know that weather is weather and beyond our control; but, what vexes me is what we can control but don’t.
One of the talking heads spoke about the lack of safe rooms or even separate safe buildings where a school population could take shelter. Perhaps design an extra heavy duty steel and concrete reinforced structure that would provide more safety then the conventional school buildings. “But,” cried, the talking head, “they just can’t afford to do so.”
Here’s an easy one. Where in the Middle East are we sending jets, tanks and about $1 billion in cash that we don’t have to bolster a bunch of bastards that think sex with 11 year old girls is the cat’s meow? I’ll tell you where, Egypt. A country being run by the Muslim Brotherhood, an outfit that Obama embraces at every turn that would love to slit our throats and burn us in our beds.
How many safe buildings could we build in “Tornado Alley” with a billion dollars? How many jobs here in the US would that create? How many lives would be saved? The answer to all three questions is “Many.” Instead, we’ll be sending money to a bunch of bastards who would move heaven and Earth to have sex with the likes of the little ones we just lost.
And the Dumocraps and Republicrats are just fine with that. They take the Saudi campaign cash through the Muslim Brotherhood front groups while they lie like hell about upholding the American ideals of Mom, the flag and apple pie.
They all disgust me.
John P. Kuchta Jr. - Virginia Beach
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
The government has decided it no longer needs these buildings, many of which are located on prime land in towns and cities across the country.
The sale of these properties will fetch billions of dollars and a handsome 6% commission to the company handling the sales. That company belongs to a man named Richard Blum. Who is Richard Blum you ask?
Why the husband of Senator Dianne Feinstein, that's who. What a bunch of crooks we have running this country!
Senator Feinstein and her husband, Richard Blum, stand to make a fortune. His firm, C.R.I., is the sole real estate company offering these properties for sale. Of course, C.R.I. will be making a 6% commission on the sale of each and every one of these postal properties.
All of these properties that are being sold are all fully paid for. They were purchased with U.S. taxpayers dollars, and they are owned free and clear by the U.S.P.S. The only cost to keep them is the cost to actually keep the doors open and the heat and lights on. The United States Postal Service doesn't even have to pay property taxes on these subject properties. Would you sell your house just because you couldn't afford to pay the electric bill?
Well, the Post Office is.
How does a powerful U.S. Senator from San Francisco manage to get away with such a sweet deal?
A powerful United States Senator's husband is standing by, all ready to make millions from a U.S. taxpayer funded enterprise.
No one in the mainstream media is even raising an eyebrow over his 6% commission on the sale of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of quasi-public assets.
Pass this info on before it's pulled from the internet.
Check this out on Snopes ... TRUE!
Atheists claim religious expression deserves no part in politics or government.
Political theorists attest that "public reason" (ambiguous for a reason) should be the only basis for laws and actions. The California Supreme Court strikes down Proposition 8, the democratic vote that overturned same-sex marriage, saying it was motivated by "religious convictions".
It is evident that these beliefs seek to discredit faith-based beliefs and reasoning.
So when religious reasoning is declared invalid, what reasoning remains?
The truth is we all face crucial decisions that have little basis in laws or rules.
These are choices to be guided by a reasoning we trust – our conscience, our beliefs. Everyone relies on it, whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, agnostic, atheist, etc.
But those who malign religious reasoning are disadvantaged when it comes to the vote count. How do they get around that inconvenience of democracy? Label it religious ideology and restrict it in favor of their own. That's what the California Supreme Court did against a popular majority's public reason.
In fact, no one with true faith can distance it from their decision-making process in private or public life. Religious expression merely recognizes that conscience, our sense of right and wrong choices, ultimately comes from God.
Those who do not accept this can no more justify the source of their conscience, or claim it doesn't exist. Their position is still motivated by it, and no one can make a decision on moral, cultural, or social conventions without it.
Ultimately, debates against religious expression are deluded and/or hypocritical, lacking the honesty of those who acknowledge their conviction.
The leader who says he won't "force his beliefs" on others will invariably make decisions in agreement with his beliefs. This is never more evident than when a majority of people from varied walks of life and persuasions vote for change, and it is decreed invalid by a judge's belief that their reasoning simply doesn't count.
The worst thing we can do is relinquish our rights to someone else's determination that they alone possess logical reasoning, especially lawyers, judges, and the elite.
That itself begs the question, "How can so few have a monopoly on reason?" ...only when we forget that freedom of speech and expression through the voice of a majority protects us from such corrupt reasoning.
The scandal is that the assault is not really about Separation of Church and State, but separating people from our rights, culture, and democracy itself.
Ira White - Portsmouth
I'm sure if Scott Rigell ends up with an pro-gun target on his back, he'll be cooked.
I knew Scott before he ran for the office and liked him. Believed him to be a solid conservative and supporter of gun rights. But after finding out that he was a financial supporter of Obama, my faith began to get shaky.
Hoping aboard Air Force One and sitting on Obama's lap was bad enough but to vote the bastard's gun agenda, I can't forgive him.
He tries to excuse his actions as being insignificant, the donation to Obama was to keep Hillary from winning, taking away my rights to to make a private buy or gun sale without reporting it to the government? Rigell has to be nuts. We legal and law-abiding gun owners shouldn't be the target of his anti-gun wrath - the criminals should be.
Make it illegal for criminals to buy, sell, trade, possess, or use a gun in the commission of a crime: Oh, that's already the law? Well enforce it. Don't make such useless acts and policies apply to me and add more expense for bureaucrats: I don't break any of the laws.
I can't wrap my head around this guy anymore. I will certainly not vote for or work for him again.
Fed Up with two-faced, lying politicians - Virginia Beach
They hate me because I'm black!
My forebears arrived here in the early 1900's from East Europe, long after slavery was abolished.
They went to work in the coal mines of PA and were thankful for the chance to make a living for their families in a New World even though they came home filthy every night and died young from black lung and broken bodies.
Listen to Obama infer that all his problems can be traced to the fact that he's black. His strategy is "Deny and Decry."
Almost 50 people turned out Tuesday night for the organizational meeting of Bad Brass Women - A Shooting Club for Ladies (BBW).
Co-organizers Jessica Abbott and Jaclyn Campbell reported that of the 46 people attending, 23 signed on as members and the club raised $292.
It was literally standing room only in the Frest Crust pizza restaurant on Lynnhaven Parkway.
Women, some with 2-4 small children, others with infants made up the majority of the attendees. About 6-8 men also attended.
The group elected Abbott, chair; Campbell, vice chair; Melody Keeler, treasurer; and Tori Brannock, secretary.
On a request to show hands, about 80% of the women owned guns, (one said she has 11), several had concealed carry permits and a majority indicated they had handled and shot guns before the age of 18.
All were eager to learn the laws relating to weapons, shooting techniques, gun safety, how to dismantle and clean a weapon, and laws relating to weapons and transporting then from state to state.
Abbott said the group’s future meeting will cover all topics for the women; there may bi-weekly shooting sessions at a local range, and assistance will be requested from the various 2nd Amendment groups, such as the NRA, the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) and the National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR), and local gun shops and other weapons experts available to lend help
The Weekly Standard ran the following on its online site on 17 May:
"NBC's Lisa Myers reported this morning that the IRS deliberately chose not to reveal that it had wrongly targeted conservative groups until after the 2012 presidential election:
The IRS commissioner 'has known for at least a year that this was going on,' said Myers, 'and that this had happened. And did he share any of that information with the White House? .... Imagine if we -- if you can -- what would have happened if this fact came out in September 2012, in the middle of a presidential election? The terrain would have looked very different.'"
This is just one of many reports on the emerging scandals from the Obama Administration. The mainstream media (MSM) seem to have awakened finally to the fact that there is trouble aplenty inside The Beltway. Even MSNBC's Chris Matthews has lost that tingly feeling for Obama.
Perhaps he wonders at night whether the AP was the only target of the Justice Department's secret grab! It would make for poetic justice were the stakes not so high, but I digress.
Regarding the IRS scandal, there is one big question that troubles me: Did the MSM conspire with the Obama Administration to withhold information regarding the growing IRS scandal from the American public?
Right-wing conspiracy theorist, you say. Well, stop and think about how hard it is to keep a secret in DC at any time, much less during an election year. Yet, according to emerging reports, the IRS is supposed to have kept under wraps information that would have severely undermined the president's re-election campaign.
Yes, good citizens, we are to believe that security was so good within the IRS, not one person outside the IRS hierarchy, even among The Beltway media, knew of/had a hint of the problem! Hmm...Why do I suddenly get the feeling someone's trying to sell me oceanfront property in Arizona?
Of course, we all know the MSM were busily slanting the news to ensure the re-election of the "anointed one." However, did they go as far as to conspire to keep from the voters information concerning abuses by the IRS?
No way, you say, but let us recall that CBS has been outed for censoring reports concerning Benghazi.
Did they and the other networks also take the same tack with respect to other reporting detrimental to the president's re-election?
Only the hierarchy among the MSM fraternity knows the answer. Will they have the intestinal fortitude to address the issue?
Tom Holmes - Virginia Beach
- Nourison Recalls Rugs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
- Insolroll Recalls Roller Shades with Solar and Rechargeable Motors Due to Fire Hazard
- Lea Industries Recalls Children’s Beds Due to Fall Hazard
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Memorial Day travel: myth-busting tips to save gas
- Stocks barely move as market ends week down
- Energy secretary calls for review of US natural gas exports
- Space station astronauts snap amazing photos of Alaskan volcanic eruption
- In soggy North Dakota, hopes rise that floodwaters won't
- Why did our ancestors start walking upright? Ancient terrain may hold clue.
- Has Obama tightened US drone strike policy, or not?
- Telling the Bees
- Are Woolwich suspects' beliefs about 'war on Islam' widely held?
- Reader recommendation: White Dog Fell from the Sky
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Feds look for temporary fix after I-5 collapse
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Obama's drone rules leave unanswered questions
- Syrian regime OKs peace talks amid skepticism
- After vote on gay youth, Scouts face more turmoil
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- What They Found In Lincoln’s Pockets the Night He Was Shot
- Trayvon Martin's Texts Matter, George Zimmerman Defense Attorneys Say
- Snowe: Reid and McConnell are Responsible for Senate Breakdown
- Boy Scouts Allowing Gay Youth OK With Mormon Church
- Why Health Care and Immigration Is a Dangerous Combination
- Radio Talk Show Host Plans 'Impeach Obama March' for Flag Day
- Life Discovered in Earth's Coldest Environment Yet
- A Q&A With Obama Heckler Medea Benjamin on Protests, Drones and Gitmo
- German Brewers Fear Fracking Could Damage Centuries-Old Industry
- Police: I-5 Bridge Collapse in Washington State Likely Caused by Truck
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- Mining States Feel Pinch of Commodities Slump
- How Stores' Price-Match Policies Compare
- Retirees Return to College Just for the Fun of It
- Spending Wisely Advice From Around the Web
- Does a Spate of Manager Departures at T. Rowe Price Signal Trouble?
- Turbulent Days Ahead for Bond Investors
- 4 Stocks Set to Gain from Rising Security Needs
- Protect Your Finances From Dog Bites
- Small Businesses To Face Mortgage Squeeze
- 8 Ways Baby-Boomers Are Reinventing Retirement
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- As More Alzheimer's Drugs Fail, Researchers Find Hope In Vitamins And Spice
- Graduation and College Cartoons
- Long Robes And Silly Hats: What Is Graduation?
- How You Can Benefit From All Your Stress
- Print Pretty Looks Inspired By Katie Couric
- For Fitness Upstart, Three's Company
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parent's Loneliness
- Sexist Women Bosses
- Women and Money: It's All About Relationships
- Interviewing With A Friend? 5 Rules To Follow