by John P. Kuchta Jr. VNS Columnist Jihadists killed while working on explosives in a mosque? No way, Jose! It must have been a Lutheran church and the reporter got it all wrong. In no way should an incident like this in a far-flung corner of the globe cause us to consider if jihadists are working on explosives in our US Lutheran churches. But, if an investigation would be prove beyond a reasonable doubt that such goings-on were taking place in our Lutheran churches, the proper course of action would be to raid said churches at 0300 some Sunday morning, arrest and try anyone found to be in possession of illegal weapons, explosives or ammo and dispatch quick, Old West-style justice. As usual, I'll buy the rope! Hey, Eric Holder, can I get an amen? (See: Afghanistan: Seven jihadis killed in mosque when mines they were making explode prematurely)
Exclusively for VNS by Tom McElvy, Virginia Beach
Here in these United States, we are a nation of law... from the Constitution to the local ordinance, these laws are here to help maintain an orderly society. Not everyone likes all of them, which is why we have a government to work with the people in changing and/or modifying these laws as necessary.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the person inhabiting the White House has no respect for this country, the people of this country, and the laws of this great republic, which he swore to uphold. Obama is now showing his true colors - and one that scares me the most is his, and his administrations’ selective enforcement of the laws of this great republic.
“It’s the law of the land,” according to Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whenever confronted about the (Un)affordable Care Act. So, let’s extrapolate from there. From that statement, we can rest assured that the Legislative and Executive branches will follow those very laws.
Here is a simple question everyone is avoiding but the answer is obvious: How stupid are the American people?
On October 30, 2008 Barack Obama said, "We are five days from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." And so the stupidest people in the world (oops! I gave away the answer) voted for a man who said he was effectively going to throw away the United States of America and replace it with......what? He didn't say. Well, how stupid is that? Think about it. On July four, 1776 the Representatives of the United States of America declared the intentions of the people to fundamentally transform the British Colonies in North America.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
The following this article which details the goof-up's during the Clinton administration in the war against terror when anti-terror officials completely disregarded intel that put Muslim jihadists behind plans to hijack airliners.
Does that Clinton era attitude differ at all from today's FBI being warned twice by the Russians that the Tsarnaev brothers were up to no good in Boston? What do these FBI guys do to become so ineffective? How do you train to ignore the obvious?
I present an abbreviated list, (due to word count restrictions), of “Current Communist Goals” from 1963:
* Do away with all loyalty oaths.
* Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
* Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
* Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy making positions.
For the most part I appreciate the Dr. Footsie cartoons, subject matter and presentation, but I think VNS should get away from the toilet humor. There are too many other ways your cartoonist to stay on the ‘edge’ of major issues without resorting to ‘fecal funnies.’
Brandon Clinton Chesapeake
by Chris Braunlich
Thomas Jefferson Institute
"One-Stop-Shopping" Website Announced for
Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit
The Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy today released a new website designed to assist Virginians in taking advantge of the new "Virginia Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credit."
Located at www.vataxcreditscholarship.com, the website is designed to be a "one-stop-shopping" website to help parents interested in finding a scholarship for their child, donors in identifying potential scholarship foundations to support, and schools in determining how to work to receive students with such scholarships.
Taking effect for the first time in January 2013, Virginia Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit works much like similar programs in 12 other states, where more than 150, 000 children are helped to receive a better education.
by Larry Henry
Virginia News Source Columnist
Obama Care is the worst disaster to hit America since the Great Depression. Obama promised: You can keep your insurance and you can keep your doctor. There was also speculation that premiums would go down approximately $2,500.
Hidden away inside those 15,000 pages of hope & change was this little caveat. 40 to 67% of customers will not be able to keep their policies. Obama knew this. So did Pelosi and Reid and all the others. Our economy is headed for another depression. That is the Obama plan.
Hurricane Katrina: Why did Obama refuse the aid of so many nations offering to help? Two Reasons: Countries offering assistance did not employ union workers. And Obama wanted to make the point that oil is bad. He doesn’t like coal either so he’s shutting down our coal mines.
- Do mothers have a 'fundamental' right to abortion?
- State Supremes rule in 2 major cases: Tolls OK'd
- PART 2: Militarization of the Police in the United States
- Baptist radicals are taking over U.S.
- Be cautious of back-door attempts to globalize U.S. government
- Militarizing the Police across the United States - Part One
Quote OF THE DAY
If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
From the Internet
"History by apprising [citizens] of the past will enable them to judge of the future; it will avail them of the experience of other times and other nations; it will qualify them as judges of the actions and designs of men; it will enable them to know ambition under every disguise it may assume; and knowing it, to defeat its views."
--Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 14, 1781
"Were the pictures which have been drawn by the political jealousy of some among us, faithful likenesses of the human character, the inference would be that there is not sufficient virtue among men for self-government; and that nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another."
"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."
- Older Women May Spend Two-Thirds of Their Day Sitting
- Crimes Against Women Grossly Underestimated, Report Says
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovarian Cysts
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- New Look at Past Studies Highlights Importance of Mammograms
- Viagra for Menstrual Cramps?
- Obesity, Smoking Might Threaten Implants After Mastectomy
- Less Physical Activity, More TV for Today's Moms, Study Finds
- Sin-Soo Choo says no to $140M from Yankees, Jacoby Ellsbury says yes to $153M
- Pastor defrocked for 'an act of love': officiating his gay son's wedding
- Gov. Nikki Haley's husband is home from Afghanistan: 'I took my first breath in a...
- Did China steal US corn? Six charged with digging up bioengineered seed.
- Massive leap in search for habitable planets
- Target data theft: worrying sign of cyber thieves' sophistication
- Senators, defying White House, push a new Iran sanctions bill
- London theatre partially collapses during performance, dozens injured
- What does the future hold for Russia's Khodorkovsky?
- Escape from Bolivia: Mystery operation with Hollywood twist brings US man home
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Report: Fired nuke general misbehaved in Russia
- After 10 years in jail, Khodorkovsky eyes freedom
- NSA debate shifts in favor of surveillance limits
- A mistreated maid? Or a profound insult?
- Okla. man proposes to girlfriend during arrest
- Jury finds portrait of Fawcett belongs to O'Neal
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- A Capitol Dome Tour Comes With Caution Signs
- Could Aging Be Reversible? Scientists Say 'Maybe'
- Forget the Budget Deal, Congressional Gridlock Still the Norm on Capitol Hill
- 5 Things to Know About How David O. Russell Made 'American Hustle'
- House Wants DNI James Clapper Investigated
- Obama Pardons Polluter Who Dumped Slaughterhouse Waste Into River
- Democratic Senators Announce Ambitious Student Debt Agenda
- Carrie Underwood's 'Sound of Music' Benefited Someone at Least: the National Archives
- New Mexico Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
- The Urge to Merge: Big Law Goes Global
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- July 18, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- July 10, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Chicken
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- June 21, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- June 20, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- June 14, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- 17 Stocks Your Kids Will Love
- Financial Planning Advice From Around the Web
- The Five Best Bond Funds for 2014
- 14 IRS Audit Red Flags
- Deals for Last-Minute Holiday Shoppers
- Best Ways for the Self-Employed to Save for Retirement
- Retailers With Stingy Return Policies
- Rising Household Wealth Signals Surge in Consumer Spending
- Should You Pay Extra to Protect Holiday Shipments?
- Best S&P 500 Stocks of 2013
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections