By Sue Long, VNS Columnist
Slavery is denounced in no uncertain terms and rightly so. But, many who condemn the version of slavery that was in effect prior to the Xlll Amendment wholeheartedly support slavery in the present-day version.
Communism is slavery in its most virulent form. It affects people of all races, ages and socio economic levels. It has been imposed at the cost of the lives of more than 100 million people who have been worked, starved and tortured to death. Once imposed it is a binding situation with little hope of relief. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
Re-establishing Government By The People …
it has to start with replacing crony capitalism with a government that doesn’t pick winners and losers.
The first step is replacing Louis Jones, the Bayside District Council member who’s under the thumb of Will Sessoms, the first Beach mayor convicted of a crime.
Jones, despite what he may say privately, is a major supporter of bringing Norfolk’s “Tide-Tanic” light rail boondoggle and forcing it down the throats of Beach taxpayers.
Despite the findings of the $6.6 million study which showed that the project WOULD NOT REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION - by a single car… despite the 1,125 daily ridership in 2034; despite the fact that the 3-mile project is estimated to cost the taxpayers $327 million, and despite the fact that Norfolk’s Tide is the highest subsidized lie-rail system in the nation, Jones wants to move forward with this blackhole disaster.
If you agree with Jones, keep silent. If you disagree, his number is 583-0177
Robert K. Dean - Virginia Beach
(Dean is a former City Councilman and unsuccessful candidate for mayor)
by Larry Henry
VNS Columnist - Special to VNS
Back in 1990 our national debt was 3.2 trillion. Ten years later it was 5.7 trillion. That debt has been escalating ever since the 1960s when Lyndon Johnson unveiled his Great Society.
LBJ’s White House set social programs in motion which proved to be poison pawns. Within five years the black family structure was destroyed. Welfare had become a way of life, drugs, immorality, and government cheese.
Between 2001 and 2008 the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 10 trillion. George Bush was president. We got hit with 9-11. Then Pelosi and Reid took control of the House and Senate in 2006.
Much of this debt was their doing, including the housing crash of 2008 over sub-prime lending which the Democrats rammed down the throats of the Banking Industry.[Click Read More below for rest of story]
With the Republican establishment having its long knives out to try to sabotage the candidacy of front runner Donald Trump, here is a weird scenario that may be worth thinking about:
FBI director James Comey told Congress Tuesday that he was personally following the investigation involving Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton’s email/security scandal 'very closely.'
This set off a flurry of speculation from both Republican and some Democrat leaning media pundits to the effect that possible legal action against Clinton may be just weeks away. Further speculation is this is the only thing that can stop Clinton’s march toward the White House.
Should that occur the Republicans could win by default. BUT Consider this: If Clinton goes down, would not that be a wonderful opportunity for X-New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to join the race for president on the Democrat side?
Like Donald Trump, he could be self-funded and give Democrats a new candidate behind which they could immediately unite.[Click 'Read More'below for rest of the column]
by Sue Long, North, VA
Last week the bill and two resolutions promoting a constitutional convention were passed by the Virginia House. If you value your Constitution this should be of concern.
Once convened the delegates decide what the procedures will be and what amendments to vote on or even to scrap the present constitution altogether and come up with an entirely new Soviet-style one.
Please note the votes below and see if your delegate voted Yea to change our Constitution. [Click Read More below to read rest of the story on how the politicians will try to subvert the Constitution]
Letter to Editor:
The US debt is over $18,000,000,000 and climbing. Those in power seem to be in a drunken stupor.
At some point, our debt will no longer favored as an investment which will cause our interest payments to go up even more. In fact people may not even want to buy our debt.
In either case, it will be so bad that the politicians and other with great power will take what ever action necessary to "save" the country.
There is an over $18 trillion source of private funds that they can take by force, just as gold was taken.
That source of funds is the amounts people have in IRAs, 401-Ks and other private retirement plans. The government will then "promise" to pay those who will have to give up their money a "pension." This then gives the government power over every retiree dependent upon the "pension."
This will be a nationalism of private retirement plans. It will help solve the debt problem and give control to the socialist/communist. If you do not comply with their edicts, they will control you by varying or deleting your pension. Sounds like the mark of the beast.
The trend is not your friend.
Ben Krause - Virginia Beach
To: Parents and interested Virginia Beach citizens.....
This is an opportunity to learn about what is now standard in some of our Virginia Beach schools. You will be surprised, and I think, quite disheartened. Please, set aside the time to attend one of these "Fair and Equitable Grading" meetings. I am hopeful there will be "fairness", fairness to be honest with all those in attendance as to what exactly is going on regarding the grading(or lack thereof) and non-accountability practices taking place. Are these practices more attempts towards the "dumbing down" of our children? Let's hear what the Virginia Beach Administration has to say. I hope to see thousands of concerned parents attend ...... we owe it to our children.
(Meeting on this subject will be held at 6:30 PM March 16 at Kellam High School and 2665 W.Neck Road; And at 6:30 PM March 22 at First Colonial High School and 1272 Mill Dam Road. Parents and interested parties are encouraged to attend.)
Grandmother and very concerned
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
If you've ever wondered how a rag tag army of savages have managed to elude destruction by the most formidable military force ever assembled, wonder no longer.
The following article (Exclusive: Obama Refuses to Hit ISIS’s Libyan Capital) details the US military's thwarted plans to hit ISIS in Libya will make your blood pressure boil.
Why do my emails have that effect on you? Is it because I tell you things that the MSM either deflects or dismisses entirely? Yeah, I think that's the case.
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- Los Angeles man guilty in 10 'Grim Sleeper' serial killings
- In South, defiance on bathroom laws shows signs of wavering
- Does Elsa need a prince or princess? Or nobody?
- Echoes of Flint in Detroit schools standoff
- Why Paul Ryan still won't back Donald Trump
- Clinton e-mails: Hacker 'Guccifer' says he breached her private server
- What do Californians say about boosting the smoking age to 21?
- In Iraq, US troops edge closer to front lines against ISIS
- Top Israeli general faces criticism for comparing Israel to Nazis
- California quake is overdue, but is that where we should be looking?
- Trump strains to unite GOP behind him; Ryan says no, for now
- AP Source: Clinton aide interviewed in email investigation
- Los Angeles man guilty in 10 'Grim Sleeper' serial killings
- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed
- Pentagon spokesman says deadly IS attack was a surprise
- Community questions delay in Amber Alert for Navajo girl
- Russian orchestra plays in Palmyra ruins as strikes kill 28
- 110-year-old WWII veteran from Louisiana dies
- Wildfire in Alberta now 85,000 hectares in size
- Arsenio Hall sues Sinead O'Connor for libel over Prince post
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Things You Should Know Before Shopping at Costco
- Tricks to Save Money at Starbucks
- 8 Ways to Save on Smartphone Costs While Traveling
- 9 Best Income Investments Other Than Dividend Stocks
- Why You Should Buy and Hold Exxon Stock Forever
- Travel Insurance to Protect Your Vacation
- Mother's Day Freebies and Deals 2016
- U.S. Trade Deficit Will Grow Despite March Blip
- Making Women Money-Smart
- Dying Professions That Job Hunters Should Avoid