Virginia News Source reported recently on the disintegration, destructive ego problems, and total disorganization of the Republican Party of Virignia Beach, the branches Tea Parties, and the Tidewater Libertarian Party, which lost its state corporation commission charter in 2009 and didn’t know it until a week or so ago.
It seems the conservative forces in Tidewater are determined to slash each others political throats. The are grappling for solid, citizen-oriented leadership.
Such a leader, Curtis Colgate seeking election as 2nd District GOP chair, seems to have that ability. He has come along but he’s still being sniped at by other Republicans, including VB State Sen. Frank Wagner, also seeking the office.
Wagner, is simply the front for the ‘old silver-haired, or bald-headed’ wing of the party who want to maintain control even through their basic role is to warm the bottom of a chair every other week at the GOP’s breakfast meeting. They aren’t brain-dead yet, but senility is beginning to show.
They control the group who Wagner gave the No. 1 Lesson in his personal political textbook: He stated publicly that he doesn’t talk to anyone who doesn’t make a campaign contribution to him. “No money. No access,” is Wagner’s policy he said. (Our kind of Republican - he tells the truth).
Colgate’s platform is to open the party to anyone who wants to support the GOP philosophy and values.
Wagner recently held a campaign rally. Reports were that about 40 people (probably all who knew each other) showed up. Click Read More Below
Your Second Amendment
I offer a simple plan that has not been tried in order to reduce what some refer to as "gun violence". It is my simple belief that there are no violent guns. Every trigger must be pulled by a finger. That finger is attached to a person and a brain. Contained within that brain is the intent and willingness to pull the trigger. It matters not what kind of gun or the capacity of the magazine. It is the intent of the person. In this country we absolutely MUST stop demonizing the utensil and focus on the person holding the weapon.
Liberals have historically focused on education. Early education is a mantra we hear often. Here is an idea: Early Gun Safety Education. Let's try starting in kindergarten. The NRA and many other organizations offers gun safety classes. We are now educating our children about sex, feelings, politics, math, history, science and fairness. Let's try educating every single child about gun safety.
I was raised around guns. I learned about guns in Cub Scouts and by my father. We hunted where I came from. Guns are not evil. Men are evil. Guns protect us from evil men. Click Read More below
Dear Editor –
Recently we’ve seen a flurry of articles and initiatives, spawned by the White House, to re-focus on climate change. Whether this is a move to distract from the Obamacare morass, or simply to appease environmentalists, it is pure politics.
Far from the science “being settled”, there is a swelling “consensus” that, yes, over the long haul the climate is warming, but it is the sun, not man that is driving it. The earth has been slowly warming, with ups and downs, since the last ice age. There has been no measurable warming for the last 17 years.
By Larry Henry
Amour makes the world go round. Often times it sneaks up on us unexpectedly and sometimes scares us silly, but usually we welcome the stuff without too much reservation and thrashing about. Then our feet grow wings, our hearts become as young eagles, while our heads float up in the clouds with nary a thought for passing aircraft. We behave like fools but nobody cares because they understand. They’ve been there before or want to be or maybe they are now. It’s a time of youth no matter one’s chronological age, and every hour apart seems like Chinese water torture. A kiss ignites the senses, we embrace, we laugh, we cry, we fear the worst, but it’s going to be just fine, we hope, we pray … oh please Lord, make it last. Sometimes it lasts a lifetime. Sometimes our hearts are broken in a million pieces. In spite of all this and heaven too, love endures all. Love and patriotism were the essence of the fabulous 1950’s.
1950 through 1959 were the 20th Century’s finest hour. They arrived right on schedule. Elvis sang Heartbreak Hotel, we fell like a ton of bricks, then Little Richard inspired us all to join hands and do the jitterbug. Teenagers frolicked around the dance floor like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Bill Haley and The Comets kicked off this rock and roll extravaganza with Rock Around The Clock. Then Johnny Mathis made us all weak in the knees with his haunting love ballads. Buddy Holly sang like nothing we’d heard before or since. And James Brown was the soulful icing on our Sweet Sixteen birthday cake. The music was pure magic. The 1950’s were so perfect and adorable we loved them without reservation, knowing in our hearts this would last forever. Click Below to read more
Letter to Editor:
To illuminate and explain the problem a public seminar on the destruction of individual Property Rights, the Causes and potential Solutions will be held Saturday, March 8, 2:00PM at the Lighthouse Worship Center on Rt. 17 in Hayes. Click READ MORE below:
For five years, Obama has been playing a dangerous game of "chicken" with Congress and the American people – forcing us off the road of a constitutional republic. Seeing how easily we flinch despite his limited authority, the president has driven socialist policies and authoritarian decrees to the point where even a liberal constitutional scholar and professor warns that the legislative balance of power will veer and crash within the next two years.
Obama's head-on recklessness against defense, liberty, law, and transparency has caused America to yield every time.
It emboldened his lethal rejection of security in Benghazi, firing generals and eroding foreign policy, using the IRS and DOJ to suppress conservative action and information, declaring executive orders to alter major legislation, and lying about the actual intent and effects of the healthcare law. Click below to read more
Why has no one noticed the obvious?
Anyone insisting a business cater to their personal demands when it is against the scriptural religious convictions of those business owners is guilty of religious discrimination.
Neither Jews, Muslims nor Christians can be publicly forced to participate in an activity opposed by their faith and morality. This is legal conscientious objection.
The 1st Amendment specifies freedom of religious exercise. That is not nullified by homosexual exercise as current cases prefer you believe, and justifies suing anyone who discriminates against your constitutional freedom.
They can freely go elsewhere – your rights can't and are not required to.
Ira White - Portsmouth VA
Over the past 200 years and especially today, as Jefferson and Lincoln both warned, democracy is being destroyed by radical judicial decisions. In controversial cases from Dred Scott to Roe v Wade and the overturning of the Civil Rights Act of 1875, DOMA, and Proposition 8, crucial decisions affecting the whole people of states or nation have been made unilaterally by a single judge, or in a splintered vote by a group of justices.
Therein lies the "red flag": How does one person or a split court provide more concrete reasoning on issues than a majority of the people and their representatives?
There is one way to correct the dictatorial decisions of a few that decree a democracy null and void. The nation and states must pass an amendment declaring the following:
- Environmentalism destroying property rights!
- A MILESTONE IN NAVAL WARFARE – LET US NEVER FORGET
- Virginia is now a blue state: Bought & Owned by Democraps
- If Libertarians lost their SCC charter, what's status of candidates?
- Obama's welcome mat if Iranian Navy attacks! Don't hurt 'em boys!
- Kuchta looking for a new prayer mat!
- False-Positive Mammograms Don't Deter Women From Future Screening: Study
- FDA Warns Against Procedure for Uterine Fibroids
- Turner Syndrome
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Menstrual Cramps
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- Reader recommendation: Women of Vision
- Cliven Bundy on 'the Negro': Why his words aren't a huge surprise
- General Motors begins shipping replacement parts. Is the worst over?
- Vegetarian diets: 35 meatless dishes
- What Simon Ostrovsky's detention means for Ukraine's information wars
- Bestselling books the week of 4/24/14, according to IndieBound*
- American Spartan
- Reader recommendation: Fortunate Son
- Humongous iceberg might be on the move, say scientists
- In Tokyo, Obama plays up solidarity with Japan
- Ukraine launches operation against insurgents
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- South Korea ferry disaster may cloud Obama visit
- Senate's newest class speaks out on foreign policy
- NRA seeks universal gun law at national meeting
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 23, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham Infections Linked to Contact with...
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- Beware Pitfalls of Health Care Subsidy
- What Long-Term Care Costs Now
- Collect Next Year's Tax Refund NOW!
- 12 Ways to Save Money by Going Green
- The GOP's Uphill Fight for the White House
- Why It May Be Too Early to Write Off Apple
- How Parents Are Teaching Kids About Money
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Summer Flights to Europe
- When a Spouse Inherits an IRA
- What Federal Deposit Insurance Covers
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections