Which crook got the money in 'ghost' oyster shell scam? Maybe the FBI should follow the money in the great oyster scam of 2014.
Beach auditor finds mismanaged city council has spent more than $600,000 on a nonexistent oyster restoration plan for the Lynnhaven River.
Oyster shells collected from restaurants have been piling up unused for 6 years. Council has appropriated $644,000 since 2002 for the Oyster Heritage Plan - a plan city auditor Lyndon Remias says doesn’t exist - a ghost-money hole of tax dollars.
Furthermore the city doesn’t have a written plan or contract with any of the various organization allegedly involved, for collecting money, managing the program -- only doing nothing.
City officials responsible the fraudulent charade, started ducking for cover after the audit was released and could not be found for comment or explanation.
This was a project of guided by former city manager Jim Spore.
For more information read: The complete Audit Report
Did ambitious plans to get taxpayer bucks to help renovate the ancient Cavalier on the Hill hotel turn Bruce Thompson into a turn greedy, overconfident, bungling developer now caught a year behind original opening schedule and more than $20 MILLION over budget as a result of developer inexperience and lack of engineering due diligence?
Seems that in his drive to build a bigger reputation as a hotel developer wunderkind, he ‘crapped in his hat’ as one of my most successful developer friends in Virginia Beach would say.
Other well-heeled, less ego-driven, smart developers surveyed the aging Cavalier before it was sold to Thompson. [Click Read More below for rest of the story].
by Catherine Crabill - Irvington, VA
VNS contributing columnist
When I first heard about the “transgender community” demanding access to men’s and women’s bathrooms across America, I thought the concept so absurd, so outrageous, that it didn’t stand a chance in you-know-where of being taken seriously. Boy was I wrong!
Just last month, in Gloucester County, Virginia, a sadly confused young woman identifying as a young man was granted full access to the boy’s locker room/bathrooms at Gloucester High School. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Frank Palmieri
This year’s presidential primary season has certainly been politically surprising and at times really funny.
Jeb Bush, from a Connecticut Yankee family that moved into the South, dropped out early in the race, symbolically marking the end of the moderate (Nixon-Rockefeller wing) control of the party. The Junior Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz , who is a spokesman for the anti-federalists-anti-feminist wing of the party which plans to bring an end to the Second Reconstruction and a Women’s Right to Choose, has been running hard to catch the leading candidate.
However, it has been Donald Trump, a political outsider billionaire, passionately supported by a populist revanchist-nationalist movement who appears to be closest to capturing the nomination.
Secretary Clinton has been advancing an internationalist-identity politics agenda.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Tom Holmes
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump recently questioned the validity of the US remaining in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). See link below for an article on this issue.
Mr. Trump raised very valid and pertinent issues. That line was also echoed by members of the Senate. Americans must ask themselves whether NATO remains relevant and worth the cost to the American taxpayer. For example:
- Is a Europe that has surrendered to nanny-state socialism, political correctness, and masses of Mohammedan "refugees" worth the lives of young Americans to save?
- Do we continue to expand the alliance solely to tweak the Russian bear's nose, or does the alliance continue to have a legitimate role in the security of Europe and the United States?
- Would America be better served to join Russia in an alliance to combat Islamic-inspired terrorism? [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - North, VA
Virginia News Source Columnist
Now more than ever our law enforcement officers need our support. Thanks to them we are able to live in a free nation. Daily they put their lives on the line to protect us, and allow us to live in peace and security. But the assault on them has become considerable.
You are invited to join us, the Support Your Local Police of Virginia, at a town meeting to learn why it is important to keep law enforcement control at the local level, to give tribute to our law enforcement officers, and to hear from them and get their input as to how we can best be supportive of them.
Ira White - VNS Columnist
As you ponder the most recent story on Rachel Donezal – the woman who identifies as a "black trapped in a white body" – you can begin to understand the warped activism of the transgender movement to indoctrinate children and open up all public bathrooms to any sex.
The issues here are about BIOLOGICAL SEX and ETHNICITY, but the transgenderism hoax trumpets the mantra "gender identity" as something equivalent to biological sex.
But medical professionals are now revealing that it IS about biological sex and not a perceived gender, and that a psychological identity disorder is being politically endorsed by liberals, rock stars, and corporations rather than being acknowledged and treated for what it is. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Sometimes an obvious point blows right past us when we are too busy trying to take care of the bills to fully understand what we're hearing.
Case in point. This morning we heard that our CIA Director, John Brennan, declared in a very recent interview that the CIA will never again water board another terror suspect, even if ordered to do so by a US President.
What's the big deal, you ask?
Well, in my mind, the fact that John Brennan converted to Islam some years ago is a very big deal!
Is Brennan's latest declaration on the non-use of water boarding a result of his conversion to Islam? If I were a betting man, I'd have to wager that it most certainly is.
- Communism seeking takeover of U.S.
- The 'Mother Church' of Country Cooking in rural Tennessee
- Why isn't MSM reporting Paris bomber was living in their old Belgium neighborhoods?
- Former Beach Judge to Challenge Mayor Sessoms
- The System - Mismanaged by Both Corrupt Parties
- Wake up...Communism is poised to destroy our America
- Genetic Testing: Families With Breast Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Infertility Treatment: 7 Tips to Manage Stress
- Less-Invasive Fibroid Treatment May Be 'Under-Used'
- Common Virus May Be Linked to Heart Disease, Diabetes in Some Women
- Bone Density Scan
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline
- Dutch Government Launches Birth Control Fund for Women in Developing Nations
- Birth Control Types
- Soup in a snap: kale, butter bean, and ham
- A golden host of my own
- College athletes mentor kids at domestic violence shelter
- As House GOP tries to revive health-care reform, Democrats emboldened to stop it
- In tricky US-Russia climate, citizen diplomats and scholars do the talking
- Why Trump rollback of Obama climate policies could be a long slog
- Without more sand, SoCal stands to lose big chunk of its beaches
- Chinese company Tencent picks up five percent of Tesla (+video)
- The view of Brexit from a city that voted to ‘Leave’
- A good defense against terrorist hate
- It's over: Britain files for divorce from the European Union
- The Latest: EU leaders pledge to remain united amid Brexit
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Raqqa residents trapped by militants ahead of assault
- Kushner, taking new White House role, faces rare scrutiny
- US judge to hear arguments on longer block to travel ban
- Iranians, engines of US university research, wait in limbo
- Ex-Christie aides to be sentenced in New Jersey bridge case
- Troll for the 'lulz'? A target of online abuse isn't amused
- Fans can look forward to some major changes in NFL games
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Even if Fiduciary Rule Gets Killed Under Trump, Investors Have Wised Up
- 6 Things Your Tax Preparer May Not Want You To Know
- Roth Conversions May Be Boon for Heirs
- The 7 Best Dividend Stocks for the Second Quarter
- Why United Stock Will Leave the Legging Fuss on the Tarmac
- Secrets to Shopping at Home Depot
- 6 Millennial Money Habits Every Retiree Should Learn
- Can You Get By Without a Financial Planner?
- Surprising Benefits of Amazon Prime
- Oil Prices Tank Despite OPEC Cuts