by Larry Henry - VNS Guest Columnist
Gun control has long been an obsession with the American Left. This has little to do with Sandy Hook or those California shootings or anything else. It has everything to do with Washington gaining absolute control over its citizens.
That so many of you view the NRA and its resistance to additional restrictions on firearms as heartless lunatics, has far more to do with our public officials than it does the NRA.
You in public office are fundamentally dishonest. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing us with an arrogance and indifference that is absolutely maddening.
While the country is reeling from financial mismanagement, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can’t afford, which you never read. You claim it’s crucial because health care costs are killing the country. No they aren’t … You Are!
A veteran news man like you has to have a grudging admiration for Grover Norquist and his running mates in the stealth jihad movement in the US.
Norquist, et al, have managed to exert tremendous influence in organizations like CPAC, completely under the radar of clear-thinking folks.
Grover jumps up and down screaming about "No new taxes!" while he manages to push the agenda of organizations backed with big Saudi money. For a review of Grover's misdeeds, please go to www.muslimbrotherhoodinamerica.com. This is Frank Gaffney's site and he has facts to back up every sneaky move that Norquist has made to diminish the US military, which is his ultimate goal.
Think about it. You want to cut the US military so you push no new taxes, knowing that future cuts won't come out of sacred cow entitlement budgets but that they will come from the military. It's brilliant but deadly for America. Click here for column
Continuing my own "Redneck Jihad," I remain,
John P. Kuchta, Jr. - Virginia Beach, VA
Kenneth White, President
While high tax-paid officials in Gov. McDonnell's administration and his active tax-paid propaganda machine have gone overboard in quickly praising McDonnell's alleged 'statesmanship' in getting his transportation package and Medicaid passed by a reluctant General Assembly --- accomplished by abandoning long-cherished Republican principles and reversing himself also on Medicaid to flood commonwealth nursing homes with more illegal aliens --- the fact is, the total refusal by him and his Task Force on School Safety to support the Second Amendment guarantees a hard-fought primary campaign for U. S. Senate between McDonnell and Del. Bob Marshall, R-Manassas, in 2016, which Marshall ought to win," the Virginia Taxpayers Association predicted today.
Particularly disgusting was the official statement by Speaker Howell with its fulsome praise of state actions entirely contrary to those our children are taught in school and in Sunday School. Howell praised abandonment of conservative Republican principles to get money for solving traffic congestion in northern Virginia and Hampton Roads.
If anyone believes a few billion here and a few billion there for construction will eliminate traffic congestion in crowded northern Virginia and Hampton Roads, we have a bridge going half way to Brooklyn we'd like to sell them.
And the plan offers Hampton Roads the 'option' of locally choosing unconstitutional regional government to help them solve their problem, a solution they have previously rejected.
Jeff Schapiro, ace reporter and columnist on the Richmond Times-Dispatch, speared McDonnell masterfully in his Feb. 24 column, 'McDonnell gets his legacy', pointing out where McDonnell reversed himself too many times.
(A response to Gov. McDonnell's "Roads = Jobs")
Even if this Biggest Tax Increase In Virginia History is a good idea, where and how will these roads be built?
VDOT is presumably in charge. The same VDOT, just the other day was replacing railings on the Clarksville causeway over Buggs Island Lake, that looked to me to be just fine, while the very pavement they stood on was cracked and potholed. Other useless, even dangerous projects abound.
Recently I've read of a huge project to extend the four-laning of 460 in Southside towards the Tidewater area, an area that is lightly traveled.
by Tom McElvy
by John Kuchta Jr.
As $250 million from our children and grandchildren is heaped on the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt soon after the arrival of the US military attack jets, I am moved to think of the movie "Hunger Games."
Besides our honor and national treasure for generations being squandered on Middle Eastern enemies, will Patriots finally boot this government out the door when our grandkids are drafted to be sent to Egypt? No, not for battle against our Muslim foes, but as competitors in games for the entertainment of the Muslim Brotherhood masses. It would be styled like a Donald Trump-inspired "Christian Survival Games."
As explained in the local Cairo newspapers, "The young Christians will vie against each other to showcase their inferior mental and physical prowess for the comic relief of the enlightened ones." "These young infidels represent the very best that the West has to offer, sad that they are after decades of malnutrition and forced interbreeding."
Is that what it's going to take before this country wakes up?
Or, will you pack your granddaughters a nice box lunch and wave goodbye as they board the plane to Cairo? See:
Government lie, giving rise to conspiracy theories. One of the latest reports is that SecState Hillary Clinton was aboard a military C-12 Huron aircraft that crashed in Iran.
Injuries received in the crash were attributed to the ‘flu/concussion’ reports that ended up hospitalizing her with a blood clot adjacent to her brain.
VNS had picked up cocktail party gossip out of Chevy Chase Country Club on December 22 that Clinton had really suffered a 'stroke.' Until yesterday, January 2, she had not been seen in public since Dec. 17. She was released from a NY hospital Wednesday night.
Still details about her health and/or illness have been cloaked in secrecy. Many are speculating that she has 'faked' the problems to avoid testifying before Congress about the terrorist attack on Benghazi in which 4 Americans, including U.S. Syrian Ambassador was murdered.
Clinton has accepted blame and agreed to security and safety recommendations of reports on the incident, but she's not been available to answer specific questions about the government's "Non-Role" the night of the attack.
Also on board was a senior Navy SEAL commander who was killed. DoD attributed his death of ‘non-combat’ causes - implying suicide.
Now, however, an Israeli source has filed a report on the crash, secrecy, and injuries. Adding that Iran still has the aircraft.
Fact or Fiction? We report. You decide which government is lying and why? More
John P. Kuchta Jr
It's been very close to ten years since a crazed, Nigerian foreign student invaded the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, VA, and proceeded to shoot and kill three innocent victims.
When the shooting started, three heroes responded. Two had weapons in their vehicles and retrieved them. The third was an ex-marine.
Funny thing about folks who snap and decide to commit mass murder. Most have never been in a gunfight. Things change dramatically when someone levels a .357 at you. Most psychotics fold or bite the barrel of their own weapon when they are challenged.
The reason that Americans have remained free for over two centuries is that we have the Second Amendment that allows us to protect our family and our home from invasion. Protect that right or live like a cow.
"Remember Benghazi and ALL the Traitors!"
- Nourison Recalls Rugs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
- Insolroll Recalls Roller Shades with Solar and Rechargeable Motors Due to Fire Hazard
- Lea Industries Recalls Children’s Beds Due to Fall Hazard
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Boston Marathon runners finally get to finish race
- Hezbollah leader vows victory in Syria for Assad
- Kissing protest held in Turkey
- Fuel-friendly summer: Four convertibles with good gas mileage
- Asparagus and caramelized onion tart
- New Jersey Catholic church official resigns in sex abuse case
- Boy Scouts: Will anti-gay troops emerge?
- Clinton leads 2016 poll in Iowa, but Rand Paul is close (+video)
- 'Behind the Candelabra': Michael Douglas discusses playing the legendary musician
- Obama, Hagel tell young officers: You must lead in ridding US military of sexual assault...
- Obama refocuses terror threat to pre-9/11 level
- Anti-Muslim actions rise in UK over slain soldier
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Hezbollah chief commits to victory in Syria
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- NYPD investigating actress Bynes allegations
- AP PHOTOS: Bayern beats Dortmund 2-1 in final
- What They Found In Lincoln’s Pockets the Night He Was Shot
- Trayvon Martin's Texts Matter, George Zimmerman Defense Attorneys Say
- Snowe: Reid and McConnell are Responsible for Senate Breakdown
- Boy Scouts Allowing Gay Youth OK With Mormon Church
- Why Health Care and Immigration Is a Dangerous Combination
- Radio Talk Show Host Plans 'Impeach Obama March' for Flag Day
- Life Discovered in Earth's Coldest Environment Yet
- A Q&A With Obama Heckler Medea Benjamin on Protests, Drones and Gitmo
- German Brewers Fear Fracking Could Damage Centuries-Old Industry
- Police: I-5 Bridge Collapse in Washington State Likely Caused by Truck
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- Getting a Storm Claim Paid
- Mining States Feel Pinch of Commodities Slump
- How Stores' Price-Match Policies Compare
- Retirees Return to College Just for the Fun of It
- Spending Wisely Advice From Around the Web
- Does a Spate of Manager Departures at T. Rowe Price Signal Trouble?
- Turbulent Days Ahead for Bond Investors
- 4 Stocks Set to Gain from Rising Security Needs
- Protect Your Finances From Dog Bites
- Small Businesses To Face Mortgage Squeeze
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- How CEOs Can Beat The Clock: 5 Tips From HP's Meg Whitman
- Relax, Your Memorial Day Fashion Guide Is Here
- As More Alzheimer's Drugs Fail, Researchers Find Hope In Vitamins And Spice
- Graduation and College Cartoons
- Long Robes And Silly Hats: What Is Graduation?
- How You Can Benefit From All Your Stress
- Print Pretty Looks Inspired By Katie Couric
- For Fitness Upstart, Three's Company
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parent's Loneliness
- Sexist Women Bosses