by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Recently the Convention of States (COS) held a mock convention in Williamsburg. It was an attempt to convince the American public and their legislators that this is the way a constitutional convention can be done. “It served only as an example of mass deception,” said Delegate Bob Marshall. “There is no precedent, and in real life, delegates would be able to do whatever they want per the Declaration of Independence, paragraph two, including alter or abolish our form of government and change the ratification process.”
COS handpicked the delegates for their mock convention. “What are the odds that such a delegation would be selected in real life to change our near-perfect founding document?" asked Delegate Marshall. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Frank Palmieri - Special to VNS
Betting on the Blue Line
In the early part of the 20th century the trolley was the preferred mode of transportation in America’s cities. Norfolk’s trolley riders were carried from down town Norfolk to Ocean View’ s amusement park, where the streets and lots had been planned by the rail road.
According to Professor Jackson’s Crabgrass Frontier, Norfolk’s trolley line was typical. Usually a private company was given an exclusive right to operate a rail line along city streets in exchange for guarantees of service.
The reasonable flat rate fares did not cover the costs of operation, and tax payers did not subsidize trolley operators. The trolley companies planned on making their profits from other ventures. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the sordid story]
by Catherine Crabill - VNS Columnist
Watching Hillary Clinton finally collapse, in spite of a well orchestrated cover-up of her dire health issues, begs the question, “What do all of her co-conspirators have to gain by dragging her failing corpse across an electoral finish line?” Then again, perhaps the better question is, “What do they have to lose if they don’t?”
Floating like a test balloon is a new theory that Hillary, faced with the overwhelming evidence of the nation’s universal distrust and unmitigated disdain, unwilling to be globally humiliated by a Trump landslide that even the greatest forces of the MSM are unable to hide, has faked this medical melt down as a ‘Plan B’ to throw the 2016 election into a Constitutional crisis. If such a diversion, real or faked, fails, if no matter what Hillary pulls Trump prevails, there will not be enough nooses hanging from enough trees in D.C. to dispatch the traitors among us and ‘they’ know it.
Digressing, what would be an appropriate punishment for people who have conspired to force the entire world into a One World Totalitarian régime? The death toll of this conspiracy is currently in the millions. Under the Obama – Clinton rogue collaboration, whole nations and regions have been attacked and overthrown under specious excuses and outright propaganda to gain control over resources and geographical advantage, resulting in the accumulation of wealth and power funneled into the hands of an elite cabal. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Virginia Beach-based Unalienable Rights Foundation Tuesday morning served a notice of intent to file a Petition for a Writ of injunction on Teresa A. Sullivan, president of the University of Virginia for a requests to inspect ‘essential public records of the University Strategic Fund under the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to UVA records. Click here to read document
The filing states: “Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, all public records shall be open to inspection and copying by any citizens of the Commonwealth during the regular office hours of the custodian of such records. Access to such records shall not be denied to citizens of the Commonwealth, representatives of newspapers and magazines with circulation in the Commonwealth, and representatives of radio and television stations broadcasting in or into the Commonwealth.” [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
One well-heeled Virginia Beach wag once referred to the city council as the dumbest body of white folks in the city. Can’t say that now, a black person has been added.
At the 8th annual Thalia Civic League candidates forum Thursday night, everyone showed up but convicted misdemeant, Mayor Will Sessoms. He sent a surrogate, councilman Ben Davenport.
Mayoral candidate R. K. Kowalewitch came out the gate swinging, calling Sessoms a crook who the last two candidate forums has refused to appear. “He is the first member of City Council to be convicted of a crime,” Kowalewitch said. “He enriched himself as president of Towne Bank by voting 92 times to make $260 MILLION in his bank loans to friends, associates, and favored business interests who had projects before council.”[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Regardless of who wins the up-coming presidential election, the hope of getting another Supreme Court Justice like Antonin Scalia is slim. In order for that to happen, these things must all happen, and it is unlikely that all four will come to pass.
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
THE REAL THREAT TO CHILDREN
We are aware of the danger to women and young girls from the open-bathroom policy being pushed by the LGBT agenda. But a broader threat exists for children as a whole – now and in the future. As the new scientific report SEXUALITY & GENDER reveals:
1. "Only 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex. CHILDREN ARE A SPECIAL CASE... only a minority who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood."
2. "The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex – 'BORN THAT WAY' – is not supported by scientific evidence." [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Councilwoman Shannon Kane broke the law in recruiting city fire department personnel to do her political dirty work in her run for re-election according to emails received under the Freedom of Information Act.
Kane is opposed by Robert Dean who said she should resign from office and drop out of the race for re-election. (See Dean’s News Conference Statement)
Dean Thursday released emails showing Kane got Virginia Beach firemen to erect her 4x8 - foot campaign signs in clear violation of Sec. 2-90 of the City Code.
Dean wrote Commonwealth’s Atty. Colin Stolle and City Atty. Mark Stiles about the criminal violation requesting investigation and action, which includes firing of employees who violate the code.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
- More Asian-American Women Getting Breast Cancer
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Signal Higher Heart Risks
- Misunderstood Gene Tests May Lead to Unnecessary Mastectomies
- Mammogram Guidelines Have Changed, But Are Doctors Listening?
- 'Menstrual Cycle in a Dish' Explores Intricacies of Female Body
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL)
- Genetic Testing: Families With Breast Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Infertility Treatment: 7 Tips to Manage Stress
- The final chapter: Cassini probe completes first daring dive between Saturn and its rings
- She re-created a medieval trail in Germany, drawing thousands of hikers
- Can Colombia’s peace help Venezuela’s conflict?
- North Korea: Can US lead global 'village' toward diplomatic solution?
- Trump's steep learning curve
- In lettuce price spike, a taste of things to come
- To really understand the American psyche, press play
- Fettuccine with asparagus, bacon, and lemon
- Could privatizing airport services help resolve infrastructure woes?
- Amid sexual harassment scandal, Fox News now faces racial discrimination lawsuit
- UN Security Council to discuss North Korea nuclear program
- The Latest: Security tight ahead of Pope's Cairo arrival
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Facing a pro-gun government, anti-gun movement feels defiant
- Arkansas inmate convulses during deadline-beating execution
- Trump won't get House OK of health bill before his 100th day
- Violent street gang MS-13 puts Long Island towns in its grip
- US economy likely slowed last quarter, but rebound expected
- Immigrants plan May Day rallies buoyed by Trump opposition
- Starting with Bears, surprises galore on Day 1 of NFL draft
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Amazon-Proof Retail Stock: Ulta Beauty
- Amazon-Proof Retail Stock: Nordstrom
- Pensioners Fight Back Against Cuts
- Amazon-Proof Retail Stock: Home Depot
- The Trump Tax Plan: Where's the Beef?
- Trump's Tax Reform Plan Faces Tough Challenges
- Do you Have the Right Tools to Navigate Your Retirement?
- Amazon-Proof Retail Stock: Costco Wholesale
- 4 Strategies that Can Help Create Durable Income In Retirement
- Amazon-Proof Retail Stock: TJX Companies