by Tom McElvy
Citizen-at-Large & VNS Columnist
A lot of things can happen in one week!
About two weeks ago, the current regime in Washington sat back, confident that theirs was the right way, that theirs was the only way - regardless of the desires of the American people.
In as much time, Emperor Hussein Obama's reign over the United States has gone from a constant campaign to try and win our hearts, to one of survival - and it may damage his regime forever.
Three bombshells have ignited almost simultaneously: The Benghazi Cover-up, The IRS admissions of the political targeting and intimidation of groups that were not accepting of the regime, and now, the Justice Department's attack on the First Amendment by gathering telephone records/data on Associated Press (AP) reporters and offices.
No matter how much spin the Emperor puts on these events, the damage has been done. It started with the promise of transparency - one of the biggest lies ever told by the administration.
Then, the Emperor sat back and did nothing while our embassy staff were killed in Benghazi. The IRS revelation of targeting and intimidation of Tea Party and other political groups no doubt had a decisive effect on the outcome of the 2012 elections - had that not taken place, there would probably have been a different outcome, and the country would be in the hands of politically sane individuals.
This country is under siege by the Emperor Hussein Obama, and will continue to be, unless we do something - and do it soon. The killing of our citizens, the willful, Nixon-like intimidation through an IRS hit-list, and the attack on the 1st Amendment all serve to prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the emperor will do anything to retain power over you and me.
A mockery has been made of the country, and of the office of the so-called-president.
How long will we wait for a dictatorship to be declared?
The actions of Emperor Hussein Obama are clearly a detriment to the great United States - and he should be held accountable.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Is it embarrassing for the anti-terror folks within the federal government to have a man flying in and out of this country to terror hotbeds like Dagestan and Chechnya and not so much as have a parking ticket placed under his windshield wiper?
That’s what we’re learning about Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s personal history during the last three years and the events that lead him to be a willing operative in a conspiracy to take American lives.
The CIA added Tamerlan Tsarnaev to a “Terrorist Database” eighteen months ago, after being contacted by Russian intelligence types and long before Tsarnaev traveled to Dagestan in January 2012 for a six month stay. So, how does a guy on a “Terrorist Database” fly out of the country and fly back in and not a hair on his head is touched?
And, J. Edgar Hoover’s descendants were doing no better! The same Russian intelligence agency that contacted the CIA about Tamerlan Tsarnaev also contacted the FBI on not one, but two, occasions. The FBI was first contacted by the Russians in early 2011and the second time in October 2011, shortly before Tsarnaev was scheduled to fly to Russia.
The fact that neither the FBI nor the CIA seemed ready or able to act to prevent the bombing is a given; but, what can explain the fact that the FBI in particular was seemingly in a fog about possible suspects in the aftermath of the bombings? Think about the fact that an FBI agent had spoken to Tamerlan Tsarnaev and had a picture of him from his driver’s license; but, the FBI didn’t have any means of calling-up Tamerlan as a bombing suspect in his hometown bombings? From that scenario, it appears that the very best way to escape FBI scrutiny is to go talk to them!
Not only did the FBI not have the mentality to link Tsarnaev to the bombings, the FBI seems to have not passed the information from Russia to the local Anti-Terror Unit of the Boston Police Department or the MA State Police for that matter.
The left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing and people were blown up. Were both the CIA and the FBI directed to keep the contacts from Russia to themselves?
We may never know the truth about that possibility; but, when looked at through the prism of treatment of the Saudi citizen, Abdul Rahman Ali Halbari, it certainly appears that may be the case.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
I have two words to explain the treasonous behavior of this President and his flunkies: Saudi Arabia.
The level of Saudi cash cascading into the coffers of the political class is beyond the grasp of mortal men.
Why do you think that Mohamed “Fat Boy” Magid, President of ISNA, is invited to the White House for dinner and to the State Department to hear Obama’s “Borders” speech railing against Israel?
All the more remarkable when you consider that ISNA was named as an “unindicted co-conspirator” in the Holy Land Foundation terror trial in Dallas back in 2008.
That means a man who heads an organization with links to Hamas named by a federal judge, goes to eat dinner with the President.
Just how much money do you think that takes?
How much did it cost Saudi to have Abdul Alharbi, a Saudi citizen, taken completely out of the investigation into the Boston bombings?
This young man was on a “No Fly” list but managed to get a student visa to the US anyway. He was supposed to attend Findlay College in Ohio; but, he lived in Boston!
He was tackled by an onlooker at the Boston Marathon as he ran from the bombing scene. He quickly went from being a suspect to a witness to poof, disappeared!
How much did that cost the Saudis after meetings between Obama, the Saudi Foreign Minister and the Saudi Ambassador to the US?
The Presidency is for sale, just like Obama learned in Chicago! Follow the money!
“Remember Benghazi and ALL the Traitors!”
By Ben Krause
[Mr. Krause worked as a special contractor officer for the State Department rebuilding program for Iraq. Among other things he oversaw construction of prisons and training of police.]
The United States and the Coalition Forces, together with many other volunteers have tried to help Iraq make a transition from a dictatorship to a new form of government that will be decided by the Iraqis. The press predominately reports only bad news and there are even advocates for the U.S. “losing” in Iraq. Regardless of the outcome, it will be said that many people tried to help Iraq by giving their life, time, talents and treasure.
Regardless of the reasons for invading Iraq, history will determine whether it was a good idea or not. There is no question that Saddam was evil, wasted those opposed to him and squandered the national treasure. Once the U.S. became responsible for the operation of the country, many mistakes were made. The U.S. does not often conduct such operations and is not normally organized to take a country from a dictatorship to a democracy or other similar elected types of government. The resulting effort displayed all the problems of stovepipe organizations, lack of overall coordination, not including the Iraqis in construction/reconstruction planning and execution, etc.
Given all these challenges, some of the shining lights were and are the people who volunteered to help in Iraq, including Iraqis who put their life on the line for positive actions. I am familiar with a few. I know there are thousands more. Each helping, positive action is part of history, each effort no matter how small deserves recognition and, from first hand experience, the positive actions made and are making a difference.
As a concerned citizen, I have no interest in every sordid aspect of "Bambi"s brief life. Since the allegations about her and Scott Taylor do not appear to have any basis in reality, will you PLEASE stop dwelling on this?
Frankly, given the nature of Larry Sinclair's book on Soetoro/Obama, I am exasperated over this local "scandal."
Even if these allegations are true, which they do not appear to be, they are not a matter of national security. It IS a matter of national security whether the present inhabitant of the White House is a sodomite and drug addict because he can be blackmailed
That's what you should be writing about.
P.S. Thank you for your obit of Howard Phillips. He was a guest on my radio program and a friend. Whenever we discussed pre-term infants, he reminded me that the 5th Amendment to the Bill of RIghts states that "No person shall be executed for a capital crime without due process of law." He said that since the fetus is a person, abortion is a federal issue. He was the first US politician to offer a realistic plan to end abortion.
by Michael Thompson
[Special to Virginia News Source]
Regardless of how one feels about the recent transportation law, all agree it will pour over $1 billion of year into Virginia's aging transportation infrastructure and should build necessary capacity to meet our growing infrastructure needs.
You might recall the peaceful demonstrations of the Iranian people several years back. They were shot in the streets by the leadership, but how would the landscape have changed if they had succeeded in overthrowing the government? Very little because in the Muslim culture, the people are not the power.
The truth is, there is no such thing as anarchy. Whenever people have succeeded in overthrowing a government, the most powerful coalition moves in to fill the void. Consider Iran, Libya, Egypt, Syria, and Saudi Arabia. Then think Shiite (Iran), Sunni (Libya & Egypt), Alawite (Syria), and Wahabi (Saudi Arabia). These are the power groups, and they are all brutal, intolerant, and determined. It does not matter who wins because none fight for democracy – they fight for theocratic control.
Islam is designed as a political power, not just a religion. Unlike New Testament evangelism, Muhammad's example was conquest, not merely conversion. Hence the term "utterly subdued", and his well-documented massacre of 900 Jews in Medina who rejected his authority. Muhammad also made peace treaties to stall for time until he was sufficiently positioned to overcome his enemies. Does that tactic sound familiar when it comes to the PLO, Hezbollah, and Hamas?
Finally, look at the results of our past efforts in Iran and Egypt with the Shah and Mubarrak. Maybe it aided our access to oil for a time, but that also distracted us from pursuing energy independence. Maybe it calmed down some tensions with Israel, but that was a peace short-lived. It ultimately provided opportunities for powerful factions to position themselves for conquest, especially the Muslim Brotherhood which has become predominant throughout the region. Their goal is a unification of Islamic nations under Sharia law against all other nations and religions. This is their manifest destiny: the global caliphate.
The only reasonable course in foreign policy is to distance ourselves from the internal conflicts of such cultures and prepare for the coming cataclysm. We should definitely not be equipping any of them with weapons to eventually turn against us (as has often been the case), or funding them with subsidies to their tenacious crusades. Remember, it was our nation's founders who affirmed that our system of government and culture can only succeed with a people of morality, education, and biblical values – all severely lacking in the ruthless Muslim countries. We will either prevail by our values, or yield to their alternatives. Let us focus our resolve on the destiny of America and Israel, and leave the barbaric sects to fight among themselves.
Ira White - Portsmouth
He was born in Boston, MA in 1941 and was Jewish by birth converting to Christianity in adulthood. I mention that because he was a man of faith, and his faith was extremely important to him. He attended and graduated from Harvard University, where he served as the President of the student Council for two terms, and he was present with William Buckley Jr. at the meeting that resulted in the birth of Young Americans for Freedom.
In the 1960’s he was selected as the Chairman of the Boston Republican Committee and held several positions in the administration of President Nixon. The last position was that of Acting Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity. President Nixon had offered him that position and he had accepted it with the understanding that he would dismantle the agency. With Watergate and a suit by Democrats to stop the elimination of an agency that Congress created, President Nixon backed down and Howard Phillips resigned rather than oversee a government agency that he saw as wasteful and wanted to disestablish. One of the things that I admired about him was that he was a man of principle.
During the last two decades of his life, Howard Phillips was instrumental in the creation of the U.S. Taxpayers Party, which in 1999 was rebranded the Constitution Party. He was their Presidential candidate in 1992, 1996, and in 2000.
Among the coverage report on his passing, the best quote that I have seen came from Arthur L. “Art” Harman, who was both a friend and a staffer to Howard who said “…Howard Phillips has been called "Tea Party before the Tea Party…”.
As far as his legacy, I cannot say it any better, but just to give just one example back in 1978; Howard Phillips was calling for the passage of a constitutional amendment to establish a Federal spending limit long before concerns about deficits and the National Debt.
I will save my last few words for the Howard Phillips that I knew. He was a nationally known conservative, and the first time that I contacted his office about a since forgotten issue, they didn’t ask for a contribution or pass me to an assistant, but connected me directly to Mr. Phillips.
His first order of business was to tell me to call him Howard. At the conclusion of our conversation, he invited me to drop by his office the next time that I was in Northern Virginia.
As I was getting ready to leave, Howard asked me if I had had lunch, and he ended up inviting me out to lunch, where our discussion continued. Over the years he provided me with much advice and insight on politics and even gave me an opportunity to manage a campaign.
One of the things we spoke about was having him come down to Hampton Roads to speak. I had what I thought was a great tie-in for him to make the trip, but with his schedule and eventually health issues, and my lack of success with the tie-in (a long story that I don’t want to get into for this column) it unfortunately never happened.
As I said, I was privileged and honored to have known Howard Phillips. He gave me much valuable advice and encouragement over the years.
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Surly Bikes Recalls Bicycle Forks Due to Fall Hazard
- LEM Products Distribution Recalls 5-Tray Food Dehydrators Due to Fire Hazard
- Louisville Slugger OneX Fastpitch Softball Bats Recalled by Hillerich & Bradsby Due to Injury Hazard...
Quote of the Day
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Teen Births May Increase Risk of Obesity Later in Life
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Reverential but too derivative (+video)
- Did the Associated Press blow an Al Qaeda informant's cover?
- Moon hit by boulder-size meteoroid, causing 'explosion' visible from earth (+video)
- Showgirls dressed as Obama at Berlusconi's 'bunga bunga' parties
- Collision closes New York area train route as NTSB investigates
- Teach kids personal finance through experience: six tips
- Facebook IPO: a bittersweet one-year anniversary
- The South welcomes 'crazy ants.' Hail the latest invader
- Google Glass worries lawmakers, casino operators
- IRS scandal becomes Republican battering ram against Obamacare
- Obama agenda marches on despite controversies
- Official: `Amazing' no one died in train crash
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Orb trainer McGaughey fights nerves at Preakness
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets
- Will Boy Scouts accept gay youth? Vote is imminent
- IRS Targeting Scandal Rooted in Campaign-Finance Politics
- 5 Commencement Guests Who are Speaking at Colleges You Wouldn't Expect
- New Russian Missile Sales to Syria Makes Assad 'Prone to Miscalculation'
- Dempsey Turns to Congress for 'Game Changer' on Sexual Assault
- The IRS, Benghazi and AP Scandals Aren't the Only Reason Watergate Is in the News
- Energy Department OKs Second Natural Gas Export Project
- Exclusive: Woman Who Asked IRS's Lois Lerner Scandal-Breaking Question Details Plant
- Brady Center Sues Nelson, Ga., Over Mandatory Gun Ordinance
- Study: College Women Binge Drink More Often Than Men
- GOP Lawmakers Raked in Donations for the Obamacare Repeal Vote
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- March 5, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Chicken
- February 15, 2013 (Investigation Update): Six Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- New Office Tech Trend: Bring Your Own Computer
- 5 Reasons to Avoid Buying Bonds Directly
- Try Something New With an Encore Career
- Five Lessons from Apple's Fall
- Advice for College Grads From Around the Web
- Pimco Looks to Clone ETF Success
- Automatic 401(k) Saving Features No Fail-Safe to Retirement Success
- Benghazi, IRS Cloud Obama's Agenda
- 5 Better Investments Than the Lottery
- 5 New Rules on Federal Student Loans
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- Gen X And Late Boomers May Have Lower Standard Of Living In Retirement, Study Says
- Creating Adaptive, Personalized, Effective and Addictive Education System for the Next Century
- When Is An Apology NOT An Apology? New Lessons From Abercrombie & Fitch
- What It's Really Like To Moonlight As A Landlord
- What Divorcing Women Need To Know About Alimony 'Reform'
- Follow These First Ladies' Leads With These Bright And Bold Spring Looks
- What Divorcing Women Need To Know About Alimony 'Reform'
- 4 Things Your Brand Can Learn From the Best Business Blogs
- Career Advice To My Daughter On Graduation Day
- Education For All Children: The Secret To Changing The World